Hello guys!

Stanger007

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey guys. I wanted to re-introduce myself. I used to hang around the classic forums a few years ago but when I got my '90 and then '95 Mustang, I sorta left my '72 Mach 1 to sit while I messed with the other two. I started it up every few weeks or so to drive it around the neighborhood but that's about it.

Anyways, I have my '95 at a pausing point in terms of mods, so now I want to get back crackin' on my '72. I've got a LOT to do on it - it's drivable but just barely... the steering, suspension and interior are SHOT.

I freshened up the engine a few years ago (302) and redid the braking system, but the rest of the car is in need of some TLC. This car is by far my favorite of any Mustang I've ever owned... I bought it when I was 18 (24 now) for the grand sum of $1k. (no pun intended) It hadn't run in around 6 years but was amazingly very rust free. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) had a '66 coupe so we were like a Mustang show wherever we went. :)

My next job on the '72 are to replace the steering gear (got a rebuilt on waiting to go on) and also replace the solenoid on the firewall - it stuck the other day when I tried to start the car. I've also got some sort of problem with my front passenger side tire - I just put on BRAND NEW Radial T/As and have maybe 5 miles on them but the front tire goes flat overnight I guess something must be wrong with the rim? Gonna take it by a tire shop and see what they say about it.

Anyways, just wanted to say "Hi" and give everyone fair warning that I'd be lurking around. When I was around a few years ago this was a very friendly forum with some extremely knowledgeable people - looking forward to getting back into it!

:SNSign:

Wes

• Sponsors (?)

BDT 1967 said:
Sounds like you have a good project goin. Your right this forum is pretty sweet.

Thanks man, I've always enjoyed working with cars - beats sitting behind a computer all day (I'm a web developer).

Has anyone ridden in the 03/04 Mach 1's? A friend of mine has one... it's awesome how they brought back so many design cues from the old Mach's and put them in the new bodystyle. Even the "comfortweave" in the seats.

Wes

Stanger007 said:
Thanks man, I've always enjoyed working with cars - beats sitting behind a computer all day (I'm a web developer).

Has anyone ridden in the 03/04 Mach 1's? A friend of mine has one... it's awesome how they brought back so many design cues from the old Mach's and put them in the new bodystyle. Even the "comfortweave" in the seats.

Wes

Yea I love the new machs, I wish i had enough money to get one. Web developer hu, I took 9 hours of html and java last semester, Its pretty fun this is a good place to go when you’re tired of typing code. Actually the person to talk to is 65fastback2+2 he just bought a mach.