• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Help a 5.0 noob

  • Thread starter Thread starter C6AE
  • Start date Start date Oct 19, 2004
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
Oct 19, 2004
#1
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #1
I have a `91 5.0 LX Coupe. I know thjis is going to sound stupid but I was wondering what the computer looks like and where it`s located.
 

281pony

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
2,681
2
46
Oly, WA
Oct 19, 2004
#2
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #2
passenger side. remove the kick panel, it is right underneith your dash and it is right inside that on your fender.

it is silver, looks like a book almost with a harness connected to one end.
 
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
Oct 19, 2004
#3
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #3
computer loc.

Thanks 88SC GT
 

281pony

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
2,681
2
46
Oly, WA
Oct 19, 2004
#4
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #4
no problem.

how come your looking at your computer? if your just curious about stuff, a chilton or haynes manual will be a big help to you.
 
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
Oct 19, 2004
#5
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #5
Looking at my computer

I have a long range goal of installing a 5.0 EFI into a `66 Coupe

I went to a swap meet and got an upper and lower intake with throttle body, fuel rails, injectors and heads off a `91 5.0 HO.
I also found a complete(?) wiring harness from an `88 5.0, or so the guy said, but for $10.00 I figured it was worth a shot.
I would like to learn all I can and gather all the parts I need to make this work. I have a `66 with a 289 and a `91 with EFI, there`s no comparison between performance and fuel economy.
I`ll have to get a manual too, do chilton and haynes have good EFI info?
Thanks
Jack
 

281pony

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
2,681
2
46
Oly, WA
Oct 19, 2004
#6
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #6
chilton has all the efi information for the fox bodies. not sure what there would be for doing a conversion since ive never looked into it.

lots of information on the setup of it though.
 

Michael Yount

Mustang Master
Apr 10, 2002
9,039
6
79
Charlotte, NC
Oct 19, 2004
#7
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #7
C6AE - having been involved in numerous conversions, I strongly suggest you buy a donor car that has all the matching components already hooked up and working together - engine/tranny/computer/wiring harness. It can be pieced together - but it's usually much easier, more reliable and, in the long run, cheaper to get all the bits at once.
 
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
Oct 19, 2004
#8
  • Oct 19, 2004
  • #8
Michael Yount said:
C6AE - having been involved in numerous conversions, I strongly suggest you buy a donor car that has all the matching components already hooked up and working together - engine/tranny/computer/wiring harness. It can be pieced together - but it's usually much easier, more reliable and, in the long run, cheaper to get all the bits at once.
Click to expand...
Well, that`s why I bought the `91
But now I can`t bear to cannibalize it
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Under dash wiring
  • ChicagoMustang
  • Apr 17, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
183
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
9
91 LX 5.0 getting hot when a/c is running
  • 91lx14gt5.0s
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
355
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 4, 2026
manicmechanic007
M
Please help me identify this.
  • MattyB77
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
171
The Welcome Wagon Jul 4, 2026
gkomo
J
Low RPM jerking
  • Justinkins
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
191
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 11, 2026
fasterthangas
F
M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
385
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?