HELP!!! CHT sensor

Was working on getting the CHT sensor out and it broke. Has this happened to anyone? How do I get the rest out or am I fudged???
EF2B53D8-5E95-4DDF-8C9E-9EE2239000BF.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, and welcome to the site! I just saw your welcome wagon post. I cant help you with your broken sensor. I've never worked on that motor. Hopefully someone here has been through this and knows a trick or two to get that slug out. The little bit of advice I can give you is now that you have a thread here in the V6 forum change it to a build thread and use it as your primary location for posting updates and pics. You can change the title to reflect what you are currently doing or asking about. Seems to have the best luck at getting answers. As for your issue. I would suggest getting under the hood and taking some pics to show where the broken sensor is. That will help people figure out how to help you once they can see what conditions you are working with. I have ideas, but not knowing anything more than that the sensor is broken I have no idea what you might be able to use to work on it, as I dont know how much space you have to work with/what tools you can get at it with.

Good luck!

No seriously. Take the best pic you can. I don't know if this thing is on the block or the intake. To me it could be anywhere. I or someone else might be able to help but the best picture you can take will make it much easier for me or someone else to help. I wasn't trying to lean on you about posting. I was just trying to help.

Reactions: 1 user
No seriously. Take the best pic you can. I don't know if this thing is on the block or the intake. To me it could be anywhere. I or someone else might be able to help but the best picture you can take will make it much easier for me or someone else to help. I wasn't trying to lean on you about posting. I was just trying to help.
It's on the back of the engine so not much clearance because of the wall. It's a cylinder head temp sensor. I know you're trying to help but I'm saying even to replace it you basically have to feel for it because it's in a place you can't see. I'm looking up diagrams because a picture wouldn't help and also trying to get this thread posted in the proper place so more people will see

You will be able to see it clearly by the time you get it drilled out
You may just as well bite the bullet and get started removing the intake manifold and the left cylinder head
Makes you want to take a hole saw to the cowl
Damn the bad luck

Motorcity Angel,
On some supercharged nissan piles (05 Frontier) there is a knock sensor that people swap to a different location because you have to remove the supercharger and related components to replace the sensor. You can probably do the same. Find somewhere else to put that sensor. There is probably a bracket on the front of the right hand cylinder head that prevents you from installing it there. Find another spot and put it there. Rewire it professionally as to not damage the factory loom or connector. I would get another sensor connector from the wrecking yard and use the correct pins to jumper the harness to the new location. Do not sell the car over a minor setback such as this. Good luck and always talk nice to the car, it helps

Motorcity Angel,
On some supercharged nissan piles (05 Frontier) there is a knock sensor that people swap to a different location because you have to remove the supercharger and related components to replace the sensor. You can probably do the same. Find somewhere else to put that sensor. There is probably a bracket on the front of the right hand cylinder head that prevents you from installing it there. Find another spot and put it there. Rewire it professionally as to not damage the factory loom or connector. I would get another sensor connector from the wrecking yard and use the correct pins to jumper the harness to the new location. Do not sell the car over a minor setback such as this. Good luck and always talk nice to the car, it helps
That sounds really complicated and out of my league honestly. I don't know enough to try to relocate it. I didn't pay much for it. But the amount of money, time, and skill needed to fix it, I don't have. Especially after what I've already put in. But thank you for trying to help.