HELP! Is My Mustang Possessed?

lawontheroad601

Jul 31, 2007
I have a 99, v6 convertible mustang (i love my baby). But I have been having some major problems. I have been hit on the passenger side 5 times ( i guess she is a magnet for accidents) but the last time was three years ago.

My headlights are now flickering on and off (when I turn them on). The windshield wipers work by themselves-just randomly start wiping. I have alsonoticed that my mileage on my dash is dimming and sometimes goes off but it eventually comes back on.

I had the headlights replaced last spring, but they flashed before the replacement and after. It has increasingly gotten worst. None of the mechanics I know can tell me what the problem is.

I want to keep her (especially since it is paid off, it is the first car i bought on my own and I am currently a law student which means I am broke ). I am in Mississippi. Any suggestions of what it maybe and where I can take it? will it cost an arm and a leg? trying to weight my options...Thanks!

Hey, I'm from the classic section, but the title just stood out to me, so i had to come in. Whenever headlights are dimming like that it is often a voltage regulator problem. I'm not sure whether your year has a voltage regulator externally from the alternator or whether it is built in.

Its not a tough thing to diagnose, just get yourself a multimeter, and a good set of wiring diagrams and you'll be able to pin point the problem.

Not sure about your windshield wipers though

You must excorsize the demons
at midnight of the blue moon, do the electron dance counter clock wise around your car , once complete charge and discharge your battery repeatedly within 32.1 seconds
that should take care of all evil doers

If that does not work, the most common cause of random wiper operation is the multifunction switch. there were actually a couple of Ford models where it was so common they had a recal.

and the fact that the high beam operation is through the multi function switch, it may take care of your headlamp issue as well
gtss

The electron dance? WTF, LOL!