Help me fix all of my problems!!

mustangmatt15

Apr 8, 2007
first off peeps im not too mechanically incline when it come to suspension and electrical **** so bare with me.... My story goes i want to start moding my car more like anyone else would but i would like to fix all the mechanical problems before i do so.

my broplems are
-bad drivetrain vibration above 60 mph and get worse as i incline speed. it looks like my shifter is about to virate right out of the trans! except in neutral

-when im acceleration the car pulls to the right and when i let off the gas it jeks to the left again

-there is a strange noise coming front the fron of my car when im driving and it almost sounds like theres liquid going through the dash... its hard to explain:shrug:

- when im driving the car for say more than a half hour my headlights will sometimes turn on and off violently and ill have to shut my car off turn off the lights and restart everything for them to work properly again..

all suggestion are welcome thanks for the help all staneter's!:nice: -matt

• Sponsors (?)

first off peeps im not too mechanically incline when it come to suspension and electrical **** so bare with me.... My story goes i want to start moding my car more like anyone else would but i would like to fix all the mechanical problems before i do so.

my broplems are
-bad drivetrain vibration above 60 mph and get worse as i incline speed. it looks like my shifter is about to virate right out of the trans! except in neutral

First, try balancing all four tires/wheels. Second, inspect U-joints. Third, check motor mounts and tranmission mounts.

-when im acceleration the car pulls to the right and when i let off the gas it jeks to the left again Inspect motor mounts, get an alignment.

-there is a strange noise coming front the fron of my car when im driving and it almost sounds like theres liquid going through the dash... its hard to explain:shrug: Sounds like a bad heater core, or A/C evaperator. There could be water/coolant or both in the heater box.

- when im driving the car for say more than a half hour my headlights will sometimes turn on and off violently and ill have to shut my car off turn off the lights and restart everything for them to work properly again..Thats a good one!!! The headlight and turn signal switches do tend to fail on 87-04 Mustangs!! Check the connections, make sure nothing looks or smells burned. If that is not it, check wiring under dash, under hood, and have your alternator tested.

all suggestion are welcome thanks for the help all staneter's!:nice: -matt

Good luck man!!!

:flag: Matt

"-bad drivetrain vibration above 60 mph and get worse as i incline speed. it looks like my shifter is about to virate right out of the trans! except in neutral"

I would suspect a U-joint here to begin with

"-when im acceleration the car pulls to the right and when i let off the gas it jeks to the left again"

Lots of things that can get sloppy in front end suspension that can cause this .. best thing to do is to get the front end up off the ground and start checkin stuff out to see what is sloppy.

"-there is a strange noise coming front the fron of my car when im driving and it almost sounds like theres liquid going through the dash... its hard to explain"

Coolant is passed through your heater core in the dash and if you have air in the system you will hear bubbles passing thru as well .. check your coolant level.

"- when im driving the car for say more than a half hour my headlights will sometimes turn on and off violently and ill have to shut my car off turn off the lights and restart everything for them to work properly again.."

I have no friggin clue here LoL sounds like a loose wire somewhere but hard to diagnose electrical gremlins

ok well i was going to get a fms driveshaft so hopefully that will solve the first prob.... ill jack the car up and see if i can find any loose sus. components or bad bushings... as far as the dash issue did i mention it only does it while im driving ? and ill get the alt tested soon .. thanks for the replies guys