Help regarding convertible top

Meyer

May 28, 2019
Westfield
All,

My girlfriends father recently passed and left his 2007 convertible to her. The top is weathered and needs to be replaced. I have a local upholstery shop that can do the work. I have questions regarding the type of top though.

It appears to have a canvas top on it now, I am sure it is the original. It does not appear to be vinyl, and it is obviously not cloth. She would prefer to replace it with canvas and NOT go the vinyl or cloth route. Is there a direct replacement for it? Is there a recommended vendor or brand that most use? I would prefer to go with something that is of known quality vs. a cheap amazon gamble.

I have seen tops at cjponyparts, any opinions on those? They seem to have only cloth or vinyl though.

Perhaps my description of canvas is incorrect, I apologize.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

If it's original, it *should* be vinyl. Top material is much different than what you'd put on vinyl seats - it's heavier and has a texture. Personally, I just replaced the top on my 93 with a cloth one - lasts a little longer than vinyl, wears better, looks a little nicer, cost slightly more. I'm very happy with it and glad I did it. The upholstery shop can check with their suppliers and tell you what they can get for your year. Mine being so old, there were only a couple options to choose from.