Help Rough Idle

elcaballo96

New Member
Apr 10, 2015
3
0
1
I just ordered a maf sensor and installed it on my mustang. I used to have the factory maf sensor and switched it to a bbk 76mm maf. I have a 1991 mustang gt with 24lb injectors. The problem that I'm having is rough idle. I let the computer re-adjust by disconnecting the battery, but I am still expiriencing the rough idle. My car ran perfectly fine before upgrading to the new maf. I already bought new fuel pressure regulator and adjusted it from 40- 50 psi, with no luck.
 
You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.