Engine Hessitation then full power

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
The car is a 98GT and has CAI, BBK throttle body,catless H pipe,and is an auto,stock heads and PI intake (dorman :() I have a weird issue after installing a PI intake and the other mods above (never noticed this issue that i remember with it being stock). I can hold a steady RPM and throttle but It lags power then all of a sudden it goes to having the appropriate power to match the throttle position i'm holding/giving almost like a turbo spooling up. This also happens if i get into the throttle as well. It dont happen all the time but does happen more often then less. I have changed the plugs,wires,injectors,and also cleaned the MAF. When the car was 100% bone stock i never noticed it. I dont have any vacuum leaks or any leaks for that matter except the rear main which i will be fixing soon. Also i might add i took the throttle body and CAI off my 97 where if functioned fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The car is a 98GT and has CAI, BBK throttle body,catless H pipe,and is an auto,stock heads and PI intake (dorman :() I have a weird issue after installing a PI intake and the other mods above (never noticed this issue that i remember with it being stock). I can hold a steady RPM and throttle but It lags power then all of a sudden it goes to having the appropriate power to match the throttle position i'm holding/giving almost like a turbo spooling up. This also happens if i get into the throttle as well. It dont happen all the time but does happen more often then less. I have changed the plugs,wires,injectors,and also cleaned the MAF. When the car was 100% bone stock i never noticed it. I dont have any vacuum leaks or any leaks for that matter except the rear main which i will be fixing soon. Also i might add i took the throttle body and CAI off my 97 where if functioned fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it happened after all those intake mods I’d be suspect that you still have a leak somewhere.

Double check all your work and reverse a couple steps if needed to check the connections / gaskets / tightening.

Reactions: 1 user