Paint and Body HI my name is jim im new to this forum,

jim cast

Jul 8, 2020
RI
looking to add fiber glass fender flares from cj pony and wanting to know if anyone has installed them, and do the flares them self have any flex to them, my quarters are not perfect thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have never installed fiberglass flares on a mustang. That being said, I did once install some fiberglass Sierra Cosworth flares and side skirts(and front bumper for that matter) on a XR4Ti I used to have. The fiberglass did not flex to any real degree. I ended up having to scribe the flares to the quarters for a good fit(of course the flares were made for a Sierra and I was installing them on a XR4Ti, but the body is almost the same with just a few minor differences). It is worth pointing out though that fiberglass flares will not gain you any room for more rubber, they are a visual thing only(unless you plan on hacking up the quarter and outer wheelhousing underneath). Its kinda pointless since you are increasing body width without any way to push the tires out to fill the wider body.

I have never installed fiberglass flares on a mustang. That being said, I did once install some fiberglass Sierra Cosworth flares and side skirts(and front bumper for that matter) on a XR4Ti I used to have. The fiberglass did not flex to any real degree. I ended up having to scribe the flares to the quarters for a good fit(of course the flares were made for a Sierra and I was installing them on a XR4Ti, but the body is almost the same with just a few minor differences). It is worth pointing out though that fiberglass flares will not gain you any room for more rubber, they are a visual thing only(unless you plan on hacking up the quarter and outer wheelhousing underneath). Its kinda pointless since you are increasing body width without any way to push the tires out to fill the wider body.
Thanks J

Thanks im not looking for more rubber, i just like the look