Hid Conversion 1992 Stang Help!

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
So...Just ordered this Kit from Amazon and it is Indeed a 9004 HID fitment, however I am finding that the STOCK lock ring collar WILL NOT work with the design of the HID bulb, so the bulb just sits in the headlight housing.
Any Ideas on how to secure the bulb in the housing?

My old SINGLE BEAM setup worked fine, but Need to make it legal with HI and LOW beams, plus the old ones burned out.

HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

Need to make it legal with HI and LOW beams, plus the old ones burned out.!

There is no legal option for putting HID's in a fox Mustang, and certainly not by installing them into a reflector housing. You shouldn't pass inspection at all with them, regardless of having a functioning high beam.

Only legal means of getting HID's on a car is if a certain model had them as OEM equipment. You are allowed to swap the OEM equipment onto the same model car, provided your finished product is the same as what could have rolled out of the factory. Since the fox mustang had no option, there are no DOT-approved, SAE certified HID headlights available for them. Therefore, no legal way.

Reactions: 1 user
So...Just ordered this Kit from Amazon and it is Indeed a 9004 HID fitment, however I am finding that the STOCK lock ring collar WILL NOT work with the design of the HID bulb, so the bulb just sits in the headlight housing.
Any Ideas on how to secure the bulb in the housing?

My old SINGLE BEAM setup worked fine, but Need to make it legal with HI and LOW beams, plus the old ones burned out.

HELP!
Ive installed plenty of kits in foxbodys . All of them used the lock collar ring.

Speaking of HIDs, what's a decent kit for our foxes? I don't normally like HIDs but with my tinted headlights it's hard enough to see with my brights on let alone low beams, but I like the way the headlights work so I don't want to get rid of them lol.

Speaking of HIDs, what's a decent kit for our foxes? I don't normally like HIDs but with my tinted headlights it's hard enough to see with my brights on let alone low beams, but I like the way the headlights work so I don't want to get rid of them lol.

I get all my stuff from ddmtuning.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get all my stuff from ddmtuning.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you used many kits recently? i used to use DDM all the time and actually sell/install the kits as a little side gig. started around 8-9 years ago. price was amazing and i had no complaints about the quality or performance. then about 6 years ago i started having issues and they just kept getting worse. it got to the point where i was getting some many warranty call backs from customers i stopped my stopped installing them. i did over 100 vehicles (kept a book just for my installs) in that time span. right around the 100 mark it went down hill for me. i have been tempted to try them again since the price is still low but they left a bad taste in my mouth and after using many TheRetrofitSource which has good quality but expensive its hard to go back to lesser quality.

so now that i went on with my long ass rambling, how has DDM reliability been lately?

Would love to have a less expensive option again

Last edited: