Hitting the Rev Limiter With A Diablo Chip

I have an automatic 2000 Gt. It has 3.73 gears, cold air intake, pulleys, Mac pro chamber H Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, and a Diablo Chip installed. The chip was the last thing that I did. After I had the chip burned for my mods, when I floor it at the track I always hit the rev limiter. Before I had the chip installed, I never had this problem. My car runs good, and If I give it about 3/4ths gas it will shift fine. But when I do that, I know that the car is not running its best. There is no way that I can floor it, without redlining. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

GT2000JAY said:
Try this thread - great write up on the function of the auto transmission. Sounds just like your issue. The write up is about 1/2 way through the thread.

CLICK

but he has a sport chip, and he said it didnt happen with the 3.73's before the chip. that means the chip is the culprit, contrary to the referred article.

it sounds like maybe the chip was burned with an incorrect application, possibly to a different rear end ratio spec.

Chip

I took the chip in today, they are going to have it reprogrammed from diablo on monday. now that my computer is back to stock, it doesnt hit the rev limiter at all, no matter how much i floor it. but also my car doesnt move nearly as fast as it did with the chip in, i can feel a huge difference. i just hope that the reburn on moday will fix the problem. i will post once chip is reburnt.