Hmm, what to blow $700 on. . .

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
I've been thinking of all this stuff I want to spend some dough on, but I'm having a hard time prioritizing between interests and needs. What do you think?

Car
Needs:
New shocks & springs
New sway bar
New bushings, linkage, alignment
New clutch
New balancer
New radiator

Wants:
New Intake
Headers
O/R H-pipe
Chrome tails
Wheel spacers
3.73 gear

Camera
Canon EOS 350D with Sigma 28-80mm and 70-300mm AF lenses

Motorcycle
Suzuki GS500 that a friend will sell me in fair to good condition for $700

Computer
Upgrade chip to AMD 64 3200+ 939 socket from current XP-2700
Upgrade mobo to socket 939 based Soltek or MSI non PCI-e
Setup 120gig raid array
Upgrade video card to 6800GT from current 6600GT (through eVGA upgrade plan)
Get one 19" LCD or 2 17" LCD's

Living Room
Get a new TV, probably 27-32 inch or so.
Get a 32-band (16 band/channel) EQ for the speakers then a Behringer feedback destroyer for the subs

Work
Lots of engineering books and design manuals (boring, but need them)

Maybe the first on the list sould be a lottery ticket :(

• Sponsors (?)

Balancer ($70), radiator ($130), clutch ($200), quadrant & Cable ($120), leaves you with ~$180... a good chunk towards some new shocks & Struts...

But that is where I would spend it... Make it drivable and enjoyable then mod it out...

How about a bullitt suspension kit, a used intake, and a lottery ticket? The computer stuff means nothing to me as I'm not into them and have basically no idea what you listed above, wait and get the camera AFTER you have put the lowering springs on it, IMO motorcycles=death, wait another three months on the TV as prices continue to drop on plasma and the like plus its summertime and you should be outsiude having fun LOL!, as for the books I got away with getting a BS in biology without ever buying a book after my freshman year so I'm always opposed to buying them.

You really should replace the balancer too BTW as I just noticed that in your list.

I agree that fixing the car especailly the balancer is priority number one as balancers that aren't working tend to break crankshafts...but dont be a fool dont rule out the bike...bikes aren't death the main reason for the high instance of death on bikes is cause people are so stupid on them...poopping wheelies on the street accelerating like a mad man...yes they are still dangerous when driven cautiously but MUCH MUCH less so...take a safety training class and respect the bikes power and you'll be fine...

bah don't buy the new processor for your computer unless you are gonna go PCI-E...i just did the new computer....

Intel P4 630 CPU overclocked to 3.3ghz
ASUS P5RD1-V mobo
ASUS EAX800XL video card
Maxtor 250GB HDD
yadda yadda.....

if you are gonna upgrade go all out IMO...PCI-E is the next thing...might as well stay with the XP cpu until you are ready to go PCI-E...and Windows XP x64 edition isnt ready yet anyways....trust me ive tried it

Well the balancer isn't turned yet, it just looks like it might be wobbly. Timing looks fine and there is no vibration yet.

So about the bullit suspension kit. . .where can I find that? And does anyone know of any good sources for used intakes and such? On Ebay, a used one seems to go for as much as a new one for some reason. I would go for a Typhoon, but I don't want the performer rpm style upper, I want the long runner one.

The GS needs a complete tune-up and new tires. I can do all the motor work myself no prob.

On the computer, I think i might hold of for another year or so then go all out and build a new one from scratch then use this one for other things. I've modded the hell out of this case so any major upgrades will render the case useless anyway.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
if you are gonna upgrade go all out IMO...PCI-E is the next thing...might as well stay with the XP cpu until you are ready to go PCI-E...and Windows XP x64 edition isnt ready yet anyways....trust me ive tried it
Yeah, but there are 64bit linux distributions. . .