Holley Carb Question

86ttops

Feb 2, 2011
I removed my electric choke and am working on removing the tower and I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not I should stuff some jb weld in the air passage for the choke on the side of the carb?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

There is a hole in the side of the carb that the electric choke mounts over....at least im pretty sure, ill go take a closer look and maybe get a couple pictures if I can find my camera.

Here is a shot i got of the choke housing...its too dark to get a good pic of the carb itself...

037.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the best pic i have of that side of the carb...your main body should look similar or the same as this. Mine was a mechanical choke but they mount in the same spot. The only hole you might consider filling is the oval shaped hole that the choke plate linkage goes through. If you look close in this pic there's a gray spot on the passenger side of the round top portion of the main body next to the front two barrels where i filled it with JB Weld.

PA050023.jpg

In the picture of the housing you can see the hole in the center with the cork gasket and it mounts over top of the middle hole in between the two bolt holes in the center of the main body. Yeah..ive already filled the hole with jb...made a mess...wasnt really thinking about gravity

Would one of you mind photoshopping my pic to point out exactly which hole you're referring to? I never had any problems with mine and none of them are plugged. I had no idea any of them drew vacuum.

Well I dont have photoshop, but if you start your car and put your finger over the very center hole protruding from the main body of the carb you should feel it pulling vacuum.