• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Holley Systemax Problem...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pugman1212
  • Start date Start date Sep 25, 2014
P

Pugman1212

New Member
Jun 7, 2013
28
0
1
Sep 25, 2014
#1
  • Sep 25, 2014
  • #1
I have an 86 gt with many mods engine build, blower , ect. I just purchased the holley systemax2 intake. And I was just dry fitting it and low and behold the upper hits my 4" tall valve cover, and all this even with a 1" spacer. It doesn't hit much but maybe a 1/4". What do I do. I'm sure someone has run across this and solved it... Thanks steve, I can't change valve covers I have pedestal mount rockers....
 

elarm1

10 Year Member
Dec 17, 2010
1,428
652
154
N.Va
Sep 25, 2014
#2
  • Sep 25, 2014
  • #2
Lower your valve covers. Is there a reason you need them 4 inches tall? No there isn't. I'm running pedestals and don't need a 4 inch vc
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 26, 2014
#3
  • Sep 26, 2014
  • #3
The Holley intakes are notorious for lack of room underneath. Lower the valve covers like mentioned.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
845
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
Exhaust 1 3/4” Long Tubes on a Fox Body AOD – Easiest route?
  • 5.0 Mike
  • Mar 19, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 21, 2025
5.0 Mike
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
361
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?