How are you guys installing/compressing your front springs?

Haha, you guys are super helpful with the coilover suggestions.

its alot better than feeling like ur gonna die just to lower the car 2" :D

For what a coilover kit costs its worth the investment to alot of people, for about 220 bucks you can have whatever rate/length spring you want and infinite adjustability. and if you need to change the springs its super easy and like $75 bucks for a new pair

• Sponsors (?)

its alot better than feeling like ur gonna die just to lower the car 2" :D

For what a coilover kit costs its worth the investment to alot of people, for about 220 bucks you can have whatever rate/length spring you want and infinite adjustability. and if you need to change the springs its super easy and like $75 bucks for a new pair

Doesn't it cause tire clearance issues though?

This tool would be priceless!!!

Spring Installation Tool, Front Control Arm [MMT-8] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

In the past I have tried everything, I found one way that makes it simple but will not post because of the safety issue. I would order that tool from them and be done with it!

Has anybody used this tool with success?

My front suspension is all torn apart, I had NO IDEA it would be this much of a pain to get the spings in. I just figured it'd be easy since everyone's Mustang has aftermarket springs. Ignorance is bliss...bliss is bulls**t.

That's one tool I have never tried, surprising.. because I tried so many of them. Hey, use whatever works man, just be safe about it. I'm not condoning any method. If it works for you, then good. If it's going to cause you a weeks worth of headache, then it's not worth it.

Very carefully. Really, a compressor is hard to use because the angle and such a small hole in the control arm. It is really a PITA. Some good suggestion listed here. Often it is easiest to a jack and a prybar, but I will say it is a good idea to put a strap or chain on the spring in case it slips out because that can cause death or injury. You might be amazed by just how much energy can be stored in those springs. It can hold the car up against the mechanical wedge, it can take your head off. I HATE TENSION, is scares the crap out of me and the longer I have been working on cars the paranoia only gets worse. I knew a guy with a glass eye from a brake spring that snapped loose on a vehicle he was working on.

Sorry I'm a week late on this. I wasn't able to take the time last weekend.

I just got through using the Maximum Motorsports spring installation tool to do the front springs on my LX. This was my first spring installation job and it went pretty much without a hitch. If you buy the tool and follow the directions without trying to take any shortcuts, it will work perfectly. You have to loosen the lower control arm bolts to have enough room to get the spring to clip into the tool. Once it's clipped in, you can jack up the control arm, attach the strut and you're done. Unscrew the tool and drop it out the hole in the bottom of the arm.

HIGHLY recommended. One of the best $15 purchases I've ever made.

I am doing this now and now thinking about offing myself... I got the compressor stuck inside the spring and my fat fingers too, finally got one side done. Patience truly is a virtue!

ive always done it with another person. most aftermarket springs are short enough, i just bring the strut down, make the control arm lay down some, then push the spring in. so put the spring in up top, get the jack underneath the control arm, i usually push with my foot while a friend prys up on the spring (crow bar through the spring perch in the control arm prying up on it, then once its in i hold it with my foot while he puts the jack up. its notunder that much tension so if my foot came off it wouldnt fly at us .

Just did this today. About killed myself yesterday trying to do it by myself with compressors, get help!

ETA: I just saw you got it done, if I ever have to remove my springs again I'm gonna buy one of those tools.