How To for Oil Seperator

Silvergto2

Jun 8, 2005
UTAH
I know there was a how to a while ago floating around on how to make and oil seperator. Can someone get me a link for that or else give me the instructions on how to make it? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

my kits are ~150 shipped and guaranteed never ever to have a hose collapse. They come with a 5 micron OAS and a brass pre-filter.

See www.squarerootofone.com for pics. I don't "sell" these I just build em' for other mustang guys at my cost. I make no profit.

Requires tapping your upper plenum for 3/8NPT. Guys with aftermarket plenums I can send you the tap...it's easy to do. Guys with stock plenums, I can tap one for you. Core charge of 20 bucks on the upper. I'll send you one tapped you send your stocker back.

Blower car kits and multi-stage kits are available.

Here's the kit as it ships for most NA applications:
Photo_052807_006.jpg

Here's a really huge pic of my kit installed on my car:
SA400017-2.jpg

$150 is alot! A catch can with a breather will work ALOT better than an air/oil separator. I have an air/oil separator I used on my PCV but I took it off and deleted my PCV...PM me if you want it for cost of shipping or something lol.

$150 is alot! A catch can with a breather will work ALOT better than an air/oil separator. I have an air/oil separator I used on my PCV but I took it off and deleted my PCV...PM me if you want it for cost of shipping or something lol.

Here's my situation, I had a Kenne Bell installed late fall of last year, so I haven't had a lot of time mess around and open up the car, therefore I haven't had any blow-by issues as of yet. After reading alot about blow-by, I decided that I would go back to non-synthetic oil and install some sort of a oil seperator to help reduce blow-by as much as possible. What would everyone recommend for my setup? If you have links to actual parts that would be great.

Benny- How exactly did you delete you PCV? Got pictures?? :)

Im going to do this when I put my car back together, I have oil all over my damn driverside valve cover.. Do you just run breathers?

lmao SUPER ghetto style, I just clamped a bolt I found on the garage floor into the hole on fitting on the plenum side, then stuck an elbow on the PCV pointing it away from the motor. I plan to run a heater hose from the PCV down to the ground at some point, but I just haven't had the chance. I'll go snap some pics here in a sec and edit my post lol

EDIT: Here I only got one pic of my "setup" before the camera died. The other part is just a piece of tubing coming from the plenum with a bit bolt jammed in it and clamped LOL :nice:

100_0549.JPG

^^badass pcv setup lol... uhhhh haha

100_0548.JPG

^^if anybody wants this fo' free just PM me.

oilcatchcan.jpg

^^my friend is a distributor of those and I'll be running one for each vc

Damn benny, you are my hero!

What did you do with the drivers side valve cover? Do you still have that line running to you intake pipe? And do you get a lot of oil on your header/valve cover with the elbow from the PCV?

Im not trying to take over the thread, but the home made catch can was nothing but problems for me!

Damn benny, you are my hero!

What did you do with the drivers side valve cover? Do you still have that line running to you intake pipe? And do you get a lot of oil on your header/valve cover with the elbow from the PCV?

Im not trying to take over the thread, but the home made catch can was nothing but problems for me!

It gets a little oily, but not real bad, the oil you can see on there is about 3wks worth. I just wipe it off with a rag or paper towel whenever I check the oil. Would be better just running a heater hose towards the ground, I think Cody said thats how he had it on the TT GT. I still have the drivers side going into the powerpipe, I've never had problems with any oil blowing through there at all, but for some reason the passengers side is worse.

Under boost, you should not see any oil coming out of the passenger side. The PCV valv is working at part throttle and you might collect oil from there at that moment.

Oil may come out of driver side cover at WOT.

I have an oil separator on the PCV side combine with a TBird turbo PCV valv and it does collect a very small amount of oil at PT.

Driver side stay dry all the time

That s the way i understand it