how to raise the passenger seat

DrSmith

Sep 2, 2004
Maine
Hi All,
In my quest to have my vertically challenged wife enjoy cruising in my 06 gt, I still want to raise the seat higher. Jegs has a rail to raise the seat, but it is not specific to our cars. Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you solve it? If she could see out of the car more easily, we could cruise more. I would have purchased an adjustable seat, had it been available at the time.
Thanks all,
Doc

• Sponsors (?)

I seem to remember this question being asked a couple of years ago? I'm guessing that you never came up with anything. The easiest thing that I can think of would be to add some sort of riser above the seat brackets and on bottom of the seat frame. You could bolt this to the seat and then bolt the seat brackets to this riser.

If I were doing this I would make the risers out of square tubing with some cross shafts for support. Just my thoughts on this issue.

Thanks for all your help guys. Oh, to the guy from Dubuque, my wife is from Davenport. I e-mailed jegs, and they do not have a part that will fit our seats. My wife would not go for the expensive seat mod, she would want me to spend it on something else. I was worried about the "self" mods, as I don't want the seat to fail during a car accident. I will look into all of this.
thanks again so much for the input and links. We did try some cushions, , no soap so far.
Thanks,
Doc