HP

First mod should be what the car needs most. Are the tires at 3/32" of tread or less? If so, get new tires. Are the tires worn unevenly? If so, get new tires and an alignment. Are there noises, vibrations, or pulsations when braking? Fix the brakes. Are there fluid leaks? Fix that.

Once all of that is good? Driver mod. Go find a HPDE class somewhere, buy a helmet, and go learn to REALLY drive it.
I had to replace all braking like the lines and everything so no noises in the brakes or anything, the tires are less then a month old.
 
This is a dream thread. Nothing will happen.

We can't even get an answer to the budget question :shrug:
This thread is because i’m 17 and just got a mustang tbat hasn’t ran in 17 years and it’s slower then a dog and it’s not a dream I just need help finding which gears and what I should do to the actual car because it falls on its face, also i’m 17 so no i don’t have any bills everything i make can go to this car because i’m not going to college i’m going to trade school.
 
"falls on its face" isn't a gear problem. That would be an induction, fuel, or ignition issue.

What exactly do you mean by "falls on its face"? Does it rev clean to 6250 RPM under load?
 
"falls on its face" isn't a gear problem. That would be an induction, fuel, or ignition issue.

What exactly do you mean by "falls on its face"? Does it rev clean to 6250 RPM under load?
Yeah we looked at it last night and it’s pulling in horrible vacuum power so i’m going to buy a new air filter to see if that changes anything, I have anything thread out there about that. It just means it’s super slow and not going anywhere when you hit the gas.
 
Yeah we looked at it last night and it’s pulling in horrible vacuum power so i’m going to buy a new air filter to see if that changes anything, I have anything thread out there about that. It just means it’s super slow and not going anywhere when you hit the gas.


I would skip the air filter for now and start looking for vacuum leaks. Look for old and rotting hoses, check connections end-to-end, swap the PCV valve and screen.

Look at the engine assembly and try to determine if any of the parts look like they've been removed or replaced where a gasket is concerned.

Spray some [engine start] spray in and around the engine bay and at gasket mating surfaces to see if engine idle changes or stumbles.

Last of all and certainly not least... Run this checklist from top to bottom. You can skip around but don't skip anything. Post your results here as you get them and take your time:

 
  • Like
Reactions: Ryuk
Yeah we looked at it last night and it’s pulling in horrible vacuum power so i’m going to buy a new air filter to see if that changes anything, I have anything thread out there about that. It just means it’s super slow and not going anywhere when you hit the gas.
What does it actually pull for vacuum?
 
If it was sitting that long, I guarantee there are portions of that fuel system that are full of varnish. Did you replace the fuel filter?
 
This thread is because i’m 17 and just got a mustang tbat hasn’t ran in 17 years and it’s slower then a dog and it’s not a dream I just need help finding which gears and what I should do to the actual car because it falls on its face, also i’m 17 so no i don’t have any bills everything i make can go to this car because i’m not going to college i’m going to trade school.
If your Mustang hasn’t run in 17 years, the first thing to do is drop the tank and clean it or replace it, along with the fuel pump.
 
What year is your car. I read something about SN 95 . I have never been in an SN , are they somewhat fast when tuned up ?? Put a picture on now that you have peaked our interest. We love them all.
 
I'm sure if the cel comes on it will store a code even if it goes out. I will post the link on running codes to check your procedure.
 
I'm sure if the cel comes on it will store a code even if it goes out. I will post the link on running codes to check your procedure.
i’ll have auto zone check it when i go up there today