I bought my Mustang, 1999 V6 35th Anniversary

GM Dude

Jan 15, 2004
Sanford, MI
I get the car tomorrow!!! I'm so excited!!! I'll still be known as GM Dude though, but will stay Neutral on GM's and Ford's, I got the car for $5700, Satin Silver, Charcoal interior. Only Issue it has though, is a pending P0455 Code (The code if some read my other thread, which the lady erased) Evaporitive Emissions Control System Leak Detected (Gross Leak.) Any idea on how to fix this nasty little bugger? My dad's prizm had the same code once, so its a generic OBD-II code, and from what I understand is a common mustang problem. Also the car makes a whistling noise from the engine compartment, like a bearing that needs to be oiled.... Any Issues with that, or will I be fine?

• Sponsors (?)

Check all the hoses in the engine compartment. I was checking a Windstar a while back and heard a whistle like noise form the engine, the check engine light was on, and it idled like crap. Turns out there was a hose off and when I put it back the noise stopped and the idle smoothed out.
If you have a mechanic you trust or know very well get him to check the car. You may just have to replace a hose that is leaking????