Roush i have to stop surfing the web..ssc in san diego

• Sponsors (?)

Why did you do that to me. Now I'm gonna think about this all day. "Just look the other way". LOL.
8K is a Great price for an SSC IMO. Thats lower that the lowest NADA numbers. It won't last long. It needs a ton of work, but worth it . I noticed in those 3 pics that the front bumper filler is gone, the radio is gone, therefore the original amp is probably missing as well. I'm sure there are a few other little things gone. Little things that might be hard to find . The steering looks to be turned hard right. But I'd love to have that car! Definitely a unique fixer upper.
Makes me appreciate mine
RandyP

Hmm, perhaps I should contact the listing owner & schedule an appointment to check it out since it's a local car.

Yep, I know what you mean about constantly scouring the Internet for Saleen deals. Even though I'm content with my Cobra Speedster, I'm always looking out for another one.

I, too, have always wanted a SSC & one of these days I fully intend to own one. I still kick myself for not waiting long enough in '89 when dealers were attempting to unload them for $10K off the MSRP of $36,500 less the usual "market adjusted price."

Hmm, perhaps I should contact the listing owner & schedule an appointment to check it out since it's a local car.

Yep, I know what you mean about constantly scouring the Internet for Saleen deals. Even though I'm content with my Cobra Speedster, I'm always looking out for another one.

I, too, have always wanted a SSC & one of these days I fully intend to own one. I still kick myself for not waiting long enough in '89 when dealers were attempting to unload them for $10K off the MSRP of $36,500 less the usual "market adjusted price."

Hey, I'll make you a deal. I can get half the money now. You put in the other half and we'll fix it up as time and money permit and sell it!!

Everything seemed to be in good condition except some damage to the front fascia which luckily is still available for replacement. all of the other parts needed at best some repainting. The engine compartment looked like it needed a steam cleaning but was otherwise in good shape, the interior was also in good condition and just needs some shine.

The new owner is going to resell it, so if anyone wants to make an offer I can put you in contact with him.

haha. i was thinking to do the same! but if you're saying it needed paint then that would have cost some $$$ for a good job it should deserve.

tell him/her that they were lucky i didn't jump on it and do the same. lol

I hope this guy is an actual Saleen enthusiast and is willing to clean it up and keep it.

If not, then I have to laugh. We are all a really tight group and all know each others business. He must not be one of us because there isn't one owner enthusiast on here that would give this guy double what he paid for it a day earlier. His buyers pool is super tight also as there are not a lot of guys out there that would not give a care to drop 16K on a 19 year old foxbody without knowing what he is doing.

I know it's a free country but come on.

With that said good luck. What a tool.

i didnt buy the car only because i spent a ton of money recently into mine. i would have just sold mine and kept this one being more rare. I was hoping a stang lover would buy it and cherish it.

i don't think he's an enthusiast. there's a guy I saw from ebay selling mustangs. There was an orange notchback I saw on CL before for cheap and he put that car on ebay for much more. I called him so I know he did. I think this is the same guy but I'm not 100% positive. When I asked him if he was a dealer , he told me he was a not a dealer but a mustang enthusiast. lol. well that notch was STILL posted on CL from the prior seller when that same "enthusiast" sold it on ebay.

I hope this guy is an actual Saleen enthusiast and is willing to clean it up and keep it.

Too bad I didn't follow through & contact the previous listing owner to arrange an inspection of this SSC. Of course I probably wouldn't have been able to do it until this weekend so it would have already been sold. :(

However, people like this new "owner" really chap my keister. I despise flippers whether it's cars or real estate or anything else. :nonono:

But being a capitalist, I can't complain too much as it is a free market in which we live. :flag: