I just bought a 2012 mustang GT premium

Will3212

May 7, 2011
I live in NYC queens and the dealer I went to today had a red Mustang GT premium coupe. None of the other dealers around me had the mustang GT. It has the stick shift, red candy metallic tinted cc, rr sensing sys/security package, the the 18" polished wheels with the pony in the middle. The msrp was $35,500 and I payed $37,000 out the door. Tax, dmv fees everything included. Did I get a good deal on this Mustang? Also, this will be my first car in manual. I only driven a stick shift twice in my life for just an hour. Any tips about the mustang gt stick? please let me know if I got a good deal or not. thanks in advance, so I will post pictures when I go pick it up Monday.

• Sponsors (?)

Id say u got a good deal, wen i bought mine from a used Ford 2 yrs ago it was 15,500 n i paid 17,000 out the door. I also live in Queens, which Ford did u go to? Congrats on the Stang n cant wait to see pics

Id say u got a good deal, wen i bought mine from a used Ford 2 yrs ago it was 15,500 n i paid 17,000 out the door. I also live in Queens, which Ford did u go to? Congrats on the Stang n cant wait to see pics

thanks, it's Di Blasi Ford on Northern Blvd. What year is yours, it's a stick?

I'm in FL so from region to region probably hard to tell what a good deal might be. I got a 2012 GTCS MSRP 37,900 for 38,500 otd. I felt like I could have done better if the dealer didn't know I wanted a specific color CS and the next black one was 200 miles away...

Of course the sales manager assured me they were barely going to be able to keep the lights on with people getting deals like that...

Post some pics when you get it!

man once u get shifting into first down then everything else when driving a stick is easy. o and go practice driving on hills. u dnt want to get caught on one in traffic and not know what to do.

I don't think $37k OTD is such a good deal. I live in Queen, N.Y as well. I ordered a Mustang Gt 4/2/2011, It is being build as we speak. ETA is June 10, 2011. My MSRP is $38,695 and i got it for $38,500 out the door. Here is what i ordered.

2012 Kona Blue Premium 6MT Mustang Gt with the following options
401 PKG
3.73 Gearing
HID+SEC PKG
19" Painted Rims
Glass Roof
Dealer throw in free All weather mats

By the way, i don't think i got an awesome deal as well. I am sure i could have gotten an even better deal but i have no time to shop around. I ordered it from the first dealer i went to.
P.s did you get any rebates at all? I got a $750 rebate from a ford brochure.

I don't think $37k OTD is such a good deal. I live in Queen, N.Y as well. I ordered a Mustang Gt 4/2/2011, It is being build as we speak. ETA is June 10, 2011. My MSRP is $38,695 and i got it for $38,500 out the door. Here is what i ordered.

2012 Kona Blue Premium 6MT Mustang Gt with the following options
401 PKG
3.73 Gearing
HID+SEC PKG
19" Painted Rims
Glass Roof
Dealer throw in free All weather mats

By the way, i don't think i got an awesome deal as well. I am sure i could have gotten an even better deal but i have no time to shop around. I ordered it from the first dealer i went to.
P.s did you get any rebates at all? I got a $750 rebate from a ford brochure.

yeah got a $500 rebate for being a college student and a $500 rebate from Ford

If you have $1000 in rebates and still paid $37k OTD, then you make a pretty below avg deal. It's not a very bad deal. You still pay less than msrp but you could have done better i think. Look on the bright side, you don't have to wait for your car.
Let me give you a rundown of my deal.

$38,695 msrp
$36,237 is the price i paid
+$3313 in taxes and fees
=$39550
-$750 in brochure rebate
-$500 in mfg rebate
=Total out the door $38,300 + another $200 in dmv fee

2012 CandyRed 5.0

This is my first post and wanted to try it out. Just got my 2012 Candy Red 5.0 with 5 miles on it, for 25,760.00 out the door. Car is a base 6spd GT with 3.73 rear - end and candy red paint. Did my home work, shopped dealers and purchased the car for dealer invoice -their hold back ($894.00) and a small trade in allowance. I forfeited my $1,500.00 in rebates in order to by down my interest rate which is 3.9%. I will save myself almost $3,000.00 on interest during the loan period. Thanks for reading. CR2012

I just bought one aboot 2 months ago. Here's my breakdown:

Mustang GT Premium
401 spec package
Brembo brake package, with 19" wheels
6-speed MT
3:73 gears
Security package
Shaker audio system

Sticker price $37,000
Paid for car $33,000
Negative equity on trade $2500
OTD price $38,500

I just bought one aboot 2 months ago. Here's my breakdown:

Mustang GT Premium
401 spec package
Brembo brake package, with 19" wheels
6-speed MT
3:73 gears
Security package
Shaker audio system

Sticker price $37,000
Paid for car $33,000
Negative equity on trade $2500
OTD price $38,500

how the hell did you get them to come down that much?

That's aboot what GT premiums are actually selling for in my area, between $32K and $34K, depending on equipment. Sticker price will be the same no matter where you go. Trust me though, it didn't happen overnight. Took me two weeks to work him down, and I still gave in before I really was satisfied. Hollingsworth Richards Ford in Baton Rouge, La. in case you were wondering. I also had to work him up on the trade too, went from $4k trade in to $6500 trade in. Traded in Wifey's car, 2007 Mazda 3 which she was upside down on, so I ate the negative equity on that, but got a 3.9% rate on it, much better than was on her car. All around a good deal.

That's aboot what GT premiums are actually selling for in my area, between $32K and $34K, depending on equipment. Sticker price will be the same no matter where you go. Trust me though, it didn't happen overnight. Took me two weeks to work him down, and I still gave in before I really was satisfied. Hollingsworth Richards Ford in Baton Rouge, La. in case you were wondering. I also had to work him up on the trade too, went from $4k trade in to $6500 trade in. Traded in Wifey's car, 2007 Mazda 3 which she was upside down on, so I ate the negative equity on that, but got a 3.9% rate on it, much better than was on her car. All around a good deal.

hmmmmm...... I currently have enough down payment to get a base gt, but i want a premium, maybe that is a good angle to work for me to get the price down. all i really have to get is a premium with 3.73's, other than that i'm not to worried on any other options. Maybe i can try and get that with the extended warranty for 31k out the door :D

Are you wanting the car to race or for street? Or just to own a badass mustang? If it's more to race than anything, I'd suggest you just get a base, regardless of gears, then for a couple hundred bucks get some 410 gears and put in it, then follow up with exhaust, CAI, and tune with the money you'd save from not buying a premium. But if you want more out of the car you're gonna want to get the premium. The brembo brake package makes a world of difference, and it's not just the brakes, the suspension is a little different too. Just try to find one that's not decked out with the glass roof, appearance packages, etc. Also, keep in mind that you are the customer. You don't HAVE to buy from that guy, don't be afraid to walk out. Patience and perseverance will get you the deal you want. Also, I got rediculous credit. That helped too.