i know its bench racing but lets try to estimate my et

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
i know it is all guesswork and the only way to really be able to tell is to actually run the dang car but im bored at work so i will waste post space :D

now i have made the additions to the modifications below with sub frame connectors, knocked off another 50 pounds of weight and a nitrous kit (150 shot). . . . what will she run guys? car ran 12.321@112 without the above, car scales in at 2900lbs with me in it
MODS:
1988 mustang lx hatch,WELD prostars, 331 stroker, summit lt headers, ported 69 windsor heads, trick flow stage 3 cam, stealth intake, holley 750dp, g force t5, 3.73 gears, 33 spline superior axles, 33 spline superior spool, straightend and welded axle tubes, upr fully adjustable, aluminum upper and lower control arms, custom aluminum fuel cell.12.321@112

• Sponsors (?)

bluevenom867 said:
Mid-low 11's for sure.

What nitrous system you got?

And your close to roll-bar territory :)
i think they will kick me off for not having a cage honestly :D i bought an edelbrock system. . . i forget the name of it but i will get you a part #. Its good up to a 250shot

Modular2v said:
i think they will kick me off for not having a cage honestly :D i bought an edelbrock system. . . i forget the name of it but i will get you a part #. Its good up to a 250shot

Sounds like the RPM kit...

Keep with the 150hp shot for now,but if you want more,go to a single plane intake (victor jr.,super vic.,funnel web,ect.).

What fuel system are your runing the kit off? And does it have is own regulator?

bluevenom867 said:
Sounds like the RPM kit...

Keep with the 150hp shot for now,but if you want more,go to a single plane intake (victor jr.,super vic.,funnel web,ect.).

What fuel system are your runing the kit off? And does it have is own regulator?
im running a seperate fuel pump(aeromotive), line and regulator for the kit itself

Modular2v said:
6-7 i plan

Hmm,that should word out alright.

I was browsing around on Edelborck web-site,and it looks like thier jetting is closer than NOS's so you might not need to change the jet size.

Are you using a dead-head style regulator?

If you are I suggest you make or buy a flow tool,so you can accurately set your fuel pressure with a flowing restriction.

bluevenom867 said:
Hmm,that should word out alright.

I was browsing around on Edelborck web-site,and it looks like thier jetting is closer than NOS's so you might not need to change the jet size.

Are you using a dead-head style regulator?

If you are I suggest you make or buy a flow tool,so you can accurately set your fuel pressure with a flowing restriction.
im using a holley regulator with a pressure guage. . . it looks so funny having 2 regulators and two fuel pressure guages in my engine bay:rlaugh:. . . i really cant wait to see if the car will pull the wheels off the ground now with all the suspension work i got done

Modular2v said:
im using a holley regulator with a pressure guage. . . it looks so funny having 2 regulators and two fuel pressure guages in my engine bay:rlaugh:. . . i really cant wait to see if the car will pull the wheels off the ground now with all the suspension work i got done

Lol,a 5 speed with 3.73 and 26" slicks?

That first gear on nitrous will be over in about 1.4 seconds,LOL.

Whats your front and rear suspension?

bluevenom867 said:
Lol,a 5 speed with 3.73 and 26" slicks?

That first gear on nitrous will be over in about 1.4 seconds,LOL.

Whats your front and rear suspension?
is 1.4 seconds good for a 1st gear pull? :D front suspension is still stock style. . . (i really need to go coil over) but up front i have 4cyl springs with lakewood 70/30s. . . .back consists of upper and lower fully adjustable upr control arms with a cross braced 8.8 (kinda like latter bars but not), welded torque boxes and subframe connectors with lakewood 50/50s

Just curious with the TF #3 cam, do you drive it on the street? How does it idle?
I got a #1 and it sounds stock to me, pulls alot harder thanks to AFR 165's and typhoon intake, oh yeah longtubes. I wish I'd got a #2
BTW I have a set af 4 cyl spings for the front, do they make much diffrence?? I haven't put them on yet, was wondering if it was worth it?

Thanks
Wes

FYI, a roll cage isn't needed until 11.49 at an NHRA track. With the 150 shot you will definatly be in the low 11's at around 122-124mph so you may as well plan on a cage right now.

the tfs 3 cam is not that bad on the street. . . . i drive it all the time. Yeah i kinda figured i would need a cage as i plan to go faster than 11.49. I dont have the funds for a cage right now so the plan is to run until i get kicked off the track:( you really think there would be some possibility for some 10s on the 150 shot?

no times yet. . .the track got rained out friday night so i have to wait till next week. I have driven the car on the street with some et streets and the car does not hook up until 1/2 way through 3rd gear. Im going to be scared launching this car on a sticky track

You're gonna LOVE launching on a sticky track with good tires! Nothing like being able to launch full throttle with little or no tire spin.
Yeah, 10's are possible depending on tune, track conditions and weather......you might.
I always like to estimate a higher E.T that way I'm not disappointed or pissed when I don't run the numbers.

351 82GT said:
You're gonna LOVE launching on a sticky track with good tires! Nothing like being able to launch full throttle with little or no tire spin.
Yeah, 10's are possible depending on tune, track conditions and weather......you might.
I always like to estimate a higher E.T that way I'm not disappointed or pissed when I don't run the numbers.
the car already pulled one wheel about a 1/2 inch off the ground all motor so im really curious as to see what its going to do