I Need Some Help With Values

ken keeney

Nov 8, 2016
Hi getting ready to buy another mustang. I have been restoring stangs for just under 35 years I love them and I love restoring them.

So I am getting ready to make a decision on buying a mustang from a friend. Lately I have been having trouble deciding what the finished value of a mustang should be. lately I have found myself paying to much or feeling like I screwed the person I bought it from. what I am looking for is what is the approximate value for the car I will describe below.

It is a 1967 mustang GT convertible. it looks like all the #s match aside of a few small things. Here is the Vin vin 7T03A259841
Quarters on both side are original 1 torqu box is starting to go so Quarters are god floor pans and frame rails are fantastic it is a black on black on black car it is a convertible GT A code. Has factory air. power top.
Power steering. Not sure on power breaks. it has a bench seat, It is the 289 with factory 4 barrel carb it all looks good. It has the 4 speed Auto the C4 / wish it was manual. It also has the clock and a few other options. According To the marti report it shows it to be 1 of 43 made with these paint and trim groups.

I love the triple black on a mustang I don't like doing the body work or the paint on any black car. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me as to your guess as to what this car should bring on the open market in about 4 or 5 months I should be done with it by than. The car will be completely restored and looking like a show car. so take that into account. When I am done I will have about 14k in it My opinion is with these options and colors should make it worth between 28 and 32 k I don't normally price them this high I like to be realistic But this sounds like a pretty special car. So I appreciate you reading through all this. So what do you all think it should sell for Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Ken, welcome to stangnet.

I have no idea of the value, but I'll move your thread to the classic subforum. Someone will have an idea there. I bet they'll want pictures.

That's really difficult to say but if you put out a quality product and didn't hide defects with bondo or take short cuts then I would price it a little higher than you are willing to settle for. If its done right and someone will buy it at that price then there is no reason to feel like you screwed someone over. There isn't a lot of people that can do this kind of work and its a dying art in my opinion. If your good - get paid for it. That price range you posted I think is fair if not a little low for that car. I got offered 30 k for mine from a real-estate broker this year at a car show and he was ready to add to that if I were ready to sell.

There usually are classic car places near most cities that can give you an appraisal. I've done this on a few cars I restored and they usually appraised higher than what I valued the cars at.

When I am done I will have about 14k[/.quote]

Either you've got some really good resources or I think you're a bit low if you plan to get it back to show condition.

I restored classics, mostly Mustangs, for 10 years. The only way to make any money is if you get a super cheap price on a really nice project. Isn't going to happen often today. 6-7 years ago a guy could get those good deals and make some good money but today you're going to have more in it than it's worth 99% of the time. It's a labor of love today.

Plus it doesn't help that the Classic Mustang market has been flooded. Unless you're got an exceptionally low produced and optioned pony forget that book price. The KKB/Edmonds/NADA prices are just a dream prices list. Look on eBay under SOLD IITEMS and see what people are actually paying.