I Really Need Help!

Cabral333

Feb 27, 2016
Hi everyone I'm new here.
Last night I turned on my mustang it's a 90 5.0 5 speed. And the car tunred on and everything idles normal no check engkne light or anything it's perfect and as soon as I let go of the clutch the rpms shot up to 1500 and check engine light turned on as soon as I hold it 3 seconds later it turns of and rpms go down I've been trying to fix it and nothing I changed the iac it didn't do anything and also checked for vacum leaks and nothing. I'm seriously lost

• Sponsors (?)

See the sticky at the top of 5.0 Tech for the how to dump codes.
Post the numeric codes and I will give you 5.0 specific code definitions and fixes.

Reactions: 1 user
Daveacarpainter said:
@jrichker , How did you get so smart anyhow? You amaze me with the depth of your knowledge.

It is a gift from God that I try to make the best use of.

Stangnet and it 's members for 15+ years have been my 5.0 Mustang university, a place to lean, grow and experience helping others get the most out of their 5.0 Fox Mustang.

Reactions: 5 users
I couldn't pull codes from it The shop told me the computer might be tuned

Shop- what a lawnmover shop? Never bring your car to that shop. A "tune" is not going to have an impact on your ability for the computer to run in a diagnostic mode and tell you the codes for what is wrong. All that most "tunes" do for the most part on a Fox Body EEC is change the timing and fuel curves, rev limiter, idle rpm, MAF signal., maybe disable the EGR.

Even if that nonsense was true, just remove the damn chip and then run the codes. These computers don't hold a tune- you either have a chip literaly installed in the access port, use a piggy back unit like a PMS or tweecer, or replace the stock EEC with an aftermarket computer like a Moates, FAST, or PRO M system