• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

I think my new Eaton Posi is broken!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 91Coupe
  • Start date Start date Dec 21, 2003
9

91Coupe

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2002
127
0
0
Savannah, GA
Dec 21, 2003
#1
  • Dec 21, 2003
  • #1
Has anyone ever broken an Eaton Posi or other similar heavy duty carrier? I was half way through my first run on Friday and my car broke loose. It was so bad that I nearly lost it. Anyway, after several other runs, I had the same problem. The car launches hard but seems to loose traction in the upper rpm ranges when the boost is strong. By the way, this is with slicks. Anyway, when I was returning to the pits, I noticed a whining sound coming from my rear end. I had my rearend completely rebuilt about 1 1/2 monts ago and have maybe 600 miles on it. I think my carrier is gone. Has anyone experienced any aftermarket carrier problems such as this??? Thanks, Jim.
 

HO93LX302

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2002
715
0
0
Naugatuck,CT
Dec 21, 2003
#2
  • Dec 21, 2003
  • #2
I haven't had any problems with my eaton.. i also didn't run slicks, my rwhp was at 400 on my stock long block with 10lbs out of my D-1.. I know of a few guys with Lightnings that blew their eatons and swaped over to detroit lockers.. Thats pretty much your best bet, if i had the extra money at the time I would have put a detroit locker in my car
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
578
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
362
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
298
Other Auto Tech Oct 4, 2026
JD1964
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
360
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
469
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?