• Off-Topic Hangout

I Thought Old People Were Supposed To Be Nice. Need Advice!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gator740
  • Start date Start date Jul 21, 2016

Gator740

Member
Jul 16, 2016
17
11
13
Jul 21, 2016
#1
  • Jul 21, 2016
  • #1
Soo, a couple years ago I found a stock (90-93?) Lx coupe, 5.0 5 speed. It's been sitting for quite awhile, but every change of season,
i knock on this AARP recipient's door, ask to buy his unique lawn orniment and he says no. I'm 25 so maybe he doesn't want to sell it to a "young punk" but I know it can't mean much to him since it's been sitting for a few years.
I want this car big time, if anyone has any advice on how to get this car from Satan himself, it'd be greatly appreciated!
 

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Jul 21, 2016
#2
  • Jul 21, 2016
  • #2
Why would you want that rusty old pile of chit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Adieu and Farrell5.0

Gator740

Member
Jul 16, 2016
17
11
13
Jul 21, 2016
#3
  • Jul 21, 2016
  • #3
In central Ohio, that is a gem. It's all surface, the frame is great too. I've done some sneaking around and it's in alright shape. I looked for a while for a stock 5 speed, v8 coupe and everyone wanted a pile of cash.
 

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Jul 21, 2016
#4
  • Jul 21, 2016
  • #4
Best you can do is show up and show cash. It he doesn't want to sell, leave it be. You can't make someone sell something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Adieu

Blandnuts

I don't swallow; I only swoosh
Founding Member
Aug 21, 2000
1,172
124
124
FloorDuh
Jul 26, 2016
#5
  • Jul 26, 2016
  • #5
Hell, the guy up the road is the same way with his vette. Show the money like already mentioned (tree fiddy).
 
Reactions: Gator740

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Jul 26, 2016
#6
  • Jul 26, 2016
  • #6
Have you simply asked him why he wont sell the car???

I love my stang but a handful of cash will make it roll out of my yard.
 

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Jul 27, 2016
#7
  • Jul 27, 2016
  • #7
Maybe it's where he keeps his dead hookers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Gator740, HotFox and a91what

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Jul 27, 2016
#8
  • Jul 27, 2016
  • #8
DocG said:
Maybe it's where he keeps his dead hookers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click to expand...
Hhmmm.... now you know to much.....
 

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jul 27, 2016
#9
  • Jul 27, 2016
  • #9
Man I'd go up and offer to prime it for him...for free.....so that maybe when he croaks he'd leave it to me.

Seriously, ask him what his plans are for it. Offer to help him reach his goal. He probably has an unrealistic dream of getting it nice again. If he knows you like it as much as he does, he might let you carry on his dream. You've gotta get inside his head, man.

Stop by and give him an LMR catalog. Stick a " Mustang Parking Only " sign in front of that car.

Come on man.....think outside the box.
 

SF Lex

Advanced Member
Mar 8, 2016
230
125
73
CoCo County, California
Jul 27, 2016
#10
  • Jul 27, 2016
  • #10
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Proven here. I would come in a mechanic jumpsuit and knock on his door. Say that you are going around the neighborhood offering to pick up metal. Show him cash in hand for it. Ya never know.
 

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Jul 28, 2016
#11
  • Jul 28, 2016
  • #11



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Adieu, Ronin38 and RaggedGT

Ronin38

Blow all the things!
15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
7,235
4,396
224
Dayton, OH
Jul 29, 2016
#12
  • Jul 29, 2016
  • #12
I loved that scene. We're not talking about a pistol-caliber carbine, or a "mouse gun" AR, ol' Clint comes out with the 30-06 M1 Garand! "The greatest battle rifle ever" according to General Patton himself!
 
Reactions: DocG

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jul 29, 2016
#13
  • Jul 29, 2016
  • #13
Ronin38 said:
I loved that scene. We're not talking about a pistol-caliber carbine, or a "mouse gun" AR, ol' Clint comes out with the 30-06 M1 Garand! "The greatest battle rifle ever" according to General Patton himself!
Click to expand...
I've got one of those....awesome firearm.
 

Ronin38

Blow all the things!
15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
7,235
4,396
224
Dayton, OH
Jul 29, 2016
#14
  • Jul 29, 2016
  • #14
So do I.

One of my favorites, though, is my M1 Carbine.
 

Gator740

Member
Jul 16, 2016
17
11
13
Jul 30, 2016
#15
  • Jul 30, 2016
  • #15
Maybe I'll make a "missed connection" Craigslist ad. He's a lonely old man, im sure he surfs Craigslist Personal ads.
Dear, rusty fox...
 

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Jul 30, 2016
#16
  • Jul 30, 2016
  • #16
I know you are probably just being sarcastic on here, but I hope you don't actually try to talk to this guy with that type of attitude.

Heck you never know maybe he already posted an ad on CL looking for you to come back.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Adieu

SF Lex

Advanced Member
Mar 8, 2016
230
125
73
CoCo County, California
Aug 1, 2016
#17
  • Aug 1, 2016
  • #17
Gator740 said:
Maybe I'll make a "missed connection" Craigslist ad. He's a lonely old man, im sure he surfs Craigslist Personal ads.
Dear, rusty fox...
Click to expand...
Lol .. They still got those missed connections ? When Craigs was first released we had a blast looking through those at work. But then when they started murdering people, we though they had stopped that part of Craigs.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?