Roush I used to think you old timer Saleen owners were jaded...

dotbomb

Jul 10, 2006
OC California
Now I know better :nonono:

2005-2006 S281 SC's make the advertised 435 HP however they peg the MAF at 5k RPMs and the A/F ratio shoots to 13.5+

The 475 HP upgrade kit on my car produces 465 HP at the crank but at least the A/F ratio is spot on.

Amazing.

435 HP SC car

View attachment 430244

My car with 475 HP upgrade kit

2helc41.jpg

Attachments

• 2helc41.jpg
    2helc41.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Sponsors (?)

Wish I had known you were going there. I work a couple blocks away and would have liked to have seen your car on the dyno. I also would have suggested that you get the SAE graph instead of “Actual Horsepower”.

Yeah Steve kind of laughed at the SAE idea right off the bat :shrug:. I guess it is probably pretty close. Who knows, maybe that plus my wheel imbalance can account for a bit of this power that is "missing".

I ran the correction factors this morning based on a few assumptions about the weather yesterday and it wasn't that big of a change. Temps were in the low/mid 70's so that factor is pretty much 1. The one that is probably more variable though is the air density.

I had no idea you worked that close. Next time I'm there I'll give ya a heads up. I have a hunch I'll be back.

The car sounded like a complete beast from 4k rpm up and when he was into it at 6-6,500 it was awe inspiring :D No big bang out the back like the 435 car too so I was happy!

It is really amazing how much of that noise you don't hear sitting in the car driving around.

Saleen is offering me to have them look at the car to see if there's any reason the numbers didn't come out right. I figure at this point I've spent enough time diddling with my car it is now time to just enjoy it and forget being anal.

Ok at the time of my dyno it was 73 F and 29.92" Hg in Huntington Beach. This gives me lower HP numbers SAE. If you assume higher temps you'd have to go to 120 F. If you rather assume lower pressure you'd have to be at the equivalent of 1,000 ft elevation for those conditions.

Likely?