If There Could Be Only One (further Research On An Earlier Statement)

• Sponsors (?)

I work on or am around high end cars all the time. I work at an Aston Matrin dealership as well as Lotus, and we also sell/consign/buy repair muscle cars, hot rods, street rods. We sell BMW/Mercedes/Porsche/Audi and other special interest cars, and the simple fact of it is this: The idea of having some exotic is most often a lot better than the actual owning of said exotic. With the massive cost of maintaining and repairing these cars, the bloom is soon off of the rose. There is a reason that someone buys an exotic car and a year or two later it is traded in or consigned and the owner only put a few hundred to a few thousand miles on it. Drive a Viper. It is cool for about 30 min and then you realize that the car really sucks to drive for any length of time. The ergonomics suck. Until very recently the Corvette had seats that were worse than what you find in a Focus. Imagine that, an $80K plus car and they can not even put decent seats in it. And oh yeah, they still have leaf springs...how the hell does it not have coil overs? Now sit in an Aston Martin DBS and your butt feels like it is in heaven, just be prepared to have it in the shop more often than not. BMW does mean "Big Money Waster". A new M/B will be worth 1/3 retail or less in 3 short years. The list goes on.

Reactions: 3 users
Black on black 428

1968-mustang-006-3.jpg

1968-mustang-006-3-jpg.562312.jpg

Dat ass :drool:

Reactions: 2 users
So,...back to the question......... if you could do that,...You're gonna put an 89 fox mustang in the garage next to your Aventador?

Nope. Don't need no Aventador. Plus, "the" garage? :D

But yes, the main change with the Fox would be that it would likely get done a lot quicker and be a lot better. Like, for example, a full wiring harness redo, rather than break-n-patch. Maybe a TKO instead of a home-brew T5 refresh. Etc.

I'd actually be a lot more likely to spend for a "practical" car. Maybe a Lexus instead of a Toyota. Or a Tesla.

Nope. Don't need no Aventador. Plus, "the" garage? :D

But yes, the main change with the Fox would be that it would likely get done a lot quicker and be a lot better. Like, for example, a full wiring harness redo, rather than break-n-patch. Maybe a TKO instead of a home-brew T5 refresh. Etc.

I'd actually be a lot more likely to spend for a "practical" car. Maybe a Lexus instead of a Toyota. Or a Tesla.
Who on earth need to be "practical" when they are earning $6,164.00 a day in interest, just on the interest?

Reactions: 6 users
Who on earth need to be "practical" when they are earning $6,164.00 a day in interest, just on the interest?

Anyone who insists on daily-ing a Fox even with all the extra money, and wants a backup for when it breaks down. ;)

More seriously, if I've got what I want, why spend more? A practical car, plus a fun-time/nostalgia/bucket-list car, sounds pretty good to me, even if my standards for "practical" are a little different than they might be otherwise. Maybe I'd add a truck, too, for when I'd need to haul stuff. There's something to be said for contentment sometimes.

I would own a fleet of vehicles on $6k+ a day. Land, air, and sea.

I doubt that I would have the time to post anymore.... I'd prolly just drive around and run into you all as I go. :nice:

You'll know it's me. There will be a Mustang of some kind, followed (at considerable distance) by some ridiculous monstrosity of an RV/Tractor Trailer, followed by one more truck (same paint scheme as the camper) holding the rides I want to drive for that trip.

So when you see the trucks, it's too late. I've already been through there. :(

It'll probably say "Noobz Performance" on the side. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
I would own a fleet of vehicles on $6k+ a day. Land, air, and sea.

I doubt that I would have the time to post anymore.... I'd prolly just drive around and run into you all as I go. :nice:

You'll know it's me. There will be a Mustang of some kind, followed (at considerable distance) by some ridiculous monstrosity of an RV/Tractor Trailer, followed by one more truck (same paint scheme as the camper) holding the rides I want to drive for that trip.

So when you see the trucks, it's too late. I've already been through there. :(

It'll probably say "Noobz Performance" on the side. :shrug:
image.jpeg

don't give up.
I think you totally missed my point, after all I am the one who posted the most expensive car in here as a dream car.
My little rant about my simple fox was just me trying to feel good about my meager existence.

I was talkin to Steve at length about this today,........

I think it goes by some people. The reality of that much money is impossible to even dream of, the concept is so far past what they can comprehend.

Six Thousand, One hundred and Sixty four dollars is piling up in your checking account this year EVERY DAY.

Next year (if you do nothing) it'll be:

Six thousand, Two Hundred and Thirty two dollars that adds to that..........daily. For every day of the year.

And that is only simple interest at 1%.

225 million dollars would earn way more than 1% safely.

But for the sake of simplicity, this is what $6,164.00 does for you..

Every three days, you go out and buy a brand new Ford focus and a good helmet.

And you ram the car into a wall.

Three days later. You go get a new one, and do it again.

And again, and again, and again.

All year long.

You'll never have less money, it'll always keep adding up. You'll always be able to go on a never ending focus trash fest till the end of time.

And again,.... somebody who can trash 120 brand new focuses every year is gonna worry about having a back up when his daily driven FoX breaks down?

Reactions: 4 users
I was talkin to Steve at length about this today,........

I think it goes by some people. The reality of that much money is impossible to even dream of, the concept is so far past what they can comprehend.

Six Thousand, One hundred and Sixty four dollars is piling up in your checking account this year EVERY DAY.

Next year (if you do nothing) it'll be:

Six thousand, Two Hundred and Thirty two dollars that adds to that..........daily. For every day of the year.

And that is only simple interest at 1%.

225 million dollars would earn way more than 1% safely.

But for the sake of simplicity, this is what $6,164.00 does for you..

Every three days, you go out and buy a brand new Ford focus and a good helmet.

And you ram the car into a wall.

Three days later. You go get a new one, and do it again.

And again, and again, and again.

All year long.

You'll never have less money, it'll always keep adding up. You'll always be able to go on a never ending focus trash fest till the end of time.

And again,.... somebody who can trash 120 brand new focuses every year is gonna worry about having a back up when his daily driven FoX breaks down?
Kind of a rich guys Ground Hog Day then, is what you're saying.

See, Dave get's it!
Ok Mike. Here's the dealio with me if I won some ludicrous amount.

I would still need direction in my life, I would probably want to start a business. Guess what kind? A mustang performance shop! I would call it Andy's Mustang after my son.

I really wouldn't be too terribly focused on what car I was driving. I really dig working on fox bodies though. I would build similar to what I do now, except with the complete Snap-on catalog at my disposal. My own shop with the best everything.

I would drive what I build, except for a new truck to fetch things for the cars I would build.

Sure, the cars might end up with the best parts, but what the hell, I've got the money at that stage.

Here it is then, what would I drive if I became uber rich? A fox body mustang, no sht. It would be really hot, ok? But I would have saved it and made it into what it became.

Now, my wife, good lord, this quickly becomes a bad dream thinking about what she would have to have.

Let's talk about boats though.....I have an idea or two or three....
image.jpeg

Or combine both wood boats and a car?
image.jpg

Last edited:
I dream this dream all the time. For the most part it stays the same except when a cool new car comes out that catches my attention. I always said if I won a huge lottery I would buy a brand new Mustang to drive daily. So the daily would be a '17 GT350R. Then I'd have my new house built on several acres of land so I can have a huge shop to house and work on all my cars...a 2-story shop equipped with a car elevator. Of course I'd have my own personal test track on the property with a nice half mile straight-away and a few curves.

As for the other cars I would own. Here's a short list:
Ford GT(twin turbo'd)
'14 GT500(w/ 4.2 whipple)
My current fox(w/ 88mm turbo)
'68 Mustang fastback(full restomod)
1st and 2nd gen Lightning
Factory 5 '32 roadster (w/ Coyote and T56)
C6 ZR1 Vette
'67 Nova(restomod)
'70 split bumper Camaro(restomod)
F450 for hauling my fully decked out 2-car enclosed trailer

That's just the beginning.:cool: