i'm a noob

BlueBleeder95

May 27, 2006
tennessee
wanting to say hello to all the pony peeps.thanx for having me and i hope y'all can help me as i'm getting ready to under take my first build.my baby needs new life,and i want her FAST!wife thinks its a mid-life crisis;but if i get my car the way i want it,she can think whatever she wants.have one question out the gate if anyone has ideas.i'm dropping a 347 stroker and am told i will have computer probs with a modded motor.can anyone tell me with certainty what chips and/or electrical goodies i am gonna be needing,or refer me to a shop that knows 95 modding and its troubles?i thank you in advance.i will post pics of my stocker as soon as i can.LATR.

Welcome to the forums!

A little more info about your combo will be needed, and I remind you that above the main 94-95 forum page is the 94-95 Tuning sub-forum. That's the place to get the goods on the tuning aspect (be it a TwEECer, SCT chip, etc) of your project.

Good luck - sounds like a fun project!

BlueBleeder95 said:
...... am told i will have computer probs with a modded motor.can anyone tell me with certainty what chips and/or electrical goodies i am gonna be needing,or refer me to a shop that knows 95 modding and its troubles?....

First of all <marquee>WELCOME!!!!</marquee>

Second, ANYBODY with a stang our years that is planning major mods (bigger engine, forced induction, H/C/I replacement,) should be budgetting for a tuning device. A one-time chip is fine, but it doesnt allow you to change things if needed. The ones mentioned above are fine...Just put that in your budget. Also, budget for a larger aluminum radiator, such as a Fluidyne.

Good Luck!!

RC

Welcome

Many of us have 331's, 347's(check my sig.) or larger motors. Tuning is the key to getting them to run stout without driveability problems. We can point you in that direction when the time comes.

welcome!

mine is my mid-life crisis too

good to have another old guy on the board.

you have some options for the computer:

- if you are into the self-tuning thing, you can get a TwEECer

- you can get a chip burned

- you can have a stand-alone system (e.g. - FAST or PMS) installed

where are you located?