Im ******* DONE with the 289! Short block suggestions?

BB67FB

Oct 11, 2004
So I have decided the 289 in my mustang has gotta go - I need to upgrade! I want something that will work well with the TFS heads I put on the engine just last year - they are 61 cc combustion chambers with no porting or polishing work done on them. I have been looking at some 347 roller short blocks, anyone have suggestions? Looking for the most bang for the buck, pretty much like everyone is! :p Any one have some short block purchase success stories? Any recommendations? As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

the latest is excess crankcase pressure and overheating problems and leaking coolant A LOT. the leaking part I am pretty sure is just frost plugs that have corroded away - at least 2 of them - but the crankcase pressure I am not sure of. I have to pull the engine to get at the frost plugs (if that is the leak problem) so I am just gonna go with a roller, just dont know what size. The engine was overheating a little even before it started leaking, so I am not completely sure what that is either, but I have been debating on a new engine for a while, and its time to act! :)