Installed steeda UD pulley now have starting issue HELP please

calpat1985

Apr 4, 2007
I installed my underdrive pulley now it seems the battery wants to die on me! I have an 00 GT 5speed and i only installed the water pulley and the crank pulley! I didnt install the alternator pulley because it was to hard (no impact wrench) and they look indentical! Ok now the problem I drove fine today for about 3 stops then when i get to crank it up it cranks 1 time then everything just dies! I need to get jumped then about 4 arons later it wont start up! Its weird because no battery light comes on while im driving it drives just fine! Seems like when i let it sit i try to crank it up and it wont crank! Now do i need a smaller belt? The stock one seems a little loose with the new setup! the alternator pulley is turning though but perhaps slipping?? Let me know please guys im new! :ban:

• Sponsors (?)

Changing the crank pully under drives all including the alt. Have AutoZone test the battery, alt, and charging system for free in their parking lot and tell us what they say. I would do that before I uninstalled the UDPs. Your battery or alt was probably borderline and then installing UDPs was just enough to cause the situation... With properly functioning charge system you should not be having a problem. Also, stores like AutoZone will do the pulley swap on alts if you bring it all in.

If it is not battery or alt be sure and check and clean the connections/cables on battery, alt, and starter. Matter of fact, check and clean those regardless...

You should have no issues (and why on earth didnt you install the crank pulley:shrug: ).

Check your alternator/battery like Kilgore said. It sounds like somethings dead.

Install the crank pulley when you have it fixed, or you will have wasted most of your money.