Interesting 2.3t on ebay

• Sponsors (?)

Jugador If you are asking if we all think you should go and bid. I say if you have the cash then go for it man. SVO, GT, LX Convetred, as long as it runs good and has a 2.3T in there you can make it what you want in the long run. This car looks good.

kiddiccarus said:
It is kind of like an SVO. (Comparable) is a better word.
The SVO was the limited edition and the GT was for the masses if you follow that logic, the SVO is the better of the two but 2.3T is a 2.3T to me.

Yes, except that the Turbo GT's are actually more rare than SVO's. That car looks like it's probably had a couple upgrades so the power is probably near that of an SVO. It looks like a good car though, $3000 isn't a bad price.

Stinger said:
You ever wonder where GT350R got his name? Because he has owned tons of those cars...and has a site dedicated to the preservation of them.

Ya no lie :nice: He's got some pretty rare Turbo GTs like one with T-tops and its a 20th Anv car also. They made like 50 of them I'm guessing or less :D

I believe the GT 2.3Ts is the same motor also as the 84' SVO and TB but don't quote me :p The difference between the GT 2.3Ts and the SVO is stuff like the Koni adjustable shocks, turbular A-arms and all wheel disc brakes etc.

The first fuel injected 2.3t were in 83 , Tbird and GT Turbo. I am not sure about horespower numbers but the SVO had alot better handling features. But I do love the four eye look . One day when I have some extra cash to burn I'll get an 85 or 86 GT 5.0

svoman2300 said:
The first fuel injected 2.3t were in 83 , Tbird and GT Turbo. I am not sure about horespower numbers but the SVO had alot better handling features. But I do love the four eye look . One day when I have some extra cash to burn I'll get an 85 or 86 GT 5.0

Really I thought the first EFI 2.3T was in 84' :scratch: I thought the 83's was carbed cars :shrug:

Some of those 85-86' GTs are nice but I've made atleast one of those guys a 2.3T fan ;) Heck I would just buy a SVO since they either came with the same HP as the 85-86' GTs are pretty close to them :D The older 85' SVO came with just 5 hp less than the 85' EFI GT which all you have to do is turn the boost of a few psi ;) If you want to get 210 on a older 85' SVO like the same year carb GT, you swap in some J/Y parts like a LA3/35LB injectors and a Ranger cam etc. Now the 85.5 and the 86' SVOs cam with 210 wich is the same as the 85' 4bl GT and more than the 86' GT :nice: Again you just turn the boost up a few psi and you got them beat and stock :nice:

83-86 t-bird 2.3t non intercooled 145 HP

83-84 Gt turbo and capri rs turbo 2.3t non intercooled 145 hp

84 20th anniversarie 2.3t exact same as gt turbo hp wise.

84 and early 85 svo 2.3t intercooled 175 hp

85 1/2 svo 2.3t intercooled 210 hp

86 svo 2.3t intercooled 200 hp

I dont remember for sure the 87-88 t-bird hp, it was either 190 or 210.

I would love to add a 2.3t anny car to my collection.

kyle