• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Interesting 4.6

  • Thread starter Thread starter David marino
  • Start date Start date Jun 4, 2015
D

David marino

New Member
Jun 4, 2015
13
0
1
Jun 4, 2015
#1
  • Jun 4, 2015
  • #1
So I purchased a 01 GT with the 4.6 engine and I noticed my oil cap is on the wrong side. Is it possible I got a transplant engine? It has a sticker with a Barcode and a 2001 date on it so I'm assuming it's a PI engine. I hope.
 

Attachments

  • 20150604_162641.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 225
D

David marino

New Member
Jun 4, 2015
13
0
1
Jun 4, 2015
#2
  • Jun 4, 2015
  • #2
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Jun 5, 2015
#3
  • Jun 5, 2015
  • #3
It could be something as simple as a set of valve covers from a 96-98 Model year.
 
D

David marino

New Member
Jun 4, 2015
13
0
1
Jun 5, 2015
#4
  • Jun 5, 2015
  • #4
It would be a romeo PI 4.6 then I'm assuming. Cause the romeo valve covers fit all romeo blocks?
 

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
1,135
64
69
Jun 6, 2015
#5
  • Jun 6, 2015
  • #5
Rotate the pictures clockwise one turn next time. I can't see it because it is sideways and I ain't turning my head to the side.
 

mogs01gt

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
3,113
30
119
Ohio
Jun 17, 2015
#6
  • Jun 17, 2015
  • #6
You have an early built 2001 model or someone previously had it modified with a Bullitt intake.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved Holley terminator integration into CCRM
  • BrandonMP
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
475
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
fasterthangas
F
J
2001 coolant issue
  • jr273
  • Jan 24, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
192
The Welcome Wagon Jan 24, 2026
Noobz347
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Oct 4, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
75
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 4, 2026
Bullitt347
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
593
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Oct 4, 2026
manicmechanic007
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
405
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?