Introduction + Road Trip + Restomod Fastback Mustang + Pics

taxman73

Jun 2, 2012
Hi Everyone

Because of past experiences on other forums, I know the introduction/newb section never gets much love; so I thought I would post an intro thread here on the classic section as this is where I will be spending lots of my time as my new project begins.

I am happy to say that I will soon be joining the Mustang community :)

My name is Greg, I am 25 years old and have been a car enthusiast all my life. I am someone who doesnt necessarily appreciate one specific genre of vehicle type (american/import/euro/antique/hot rod/rat rod/trailer queen/etc) but rather the design and hard work that went behind each person's custom project.

Having lived in 4 different states in the last 3 years I am happy to now call CA my new home as I just moved out here earlier this year to Silicon Valley and have already been loving it so far! :)

I have many pictures to share and without further adieu here is a little about who I am and where I come from:

Growing up, my dad and I had a blast in his 1968 Mustang Convertible. (One of the reasons why I am now going to be building a restomod mustang which you will learn about later in my post). Unfortunately he sold this car about 3 years ago and it is now with it's new owner in Paris, France.
slicmb.jpg

2mcc514.jpg

Some of my Past cars:

2007 Civic:
10qkrrl.jpg

2007 BMW 335Xi:
4729645210_a61d9df50b_z.jpg

I have had some past experience in the world of custom show cars and have designed one of my very own national level show car that has had various features, sponsors, and has won awards at some high level auto shows.

My custom 2002 wide body Toyota Celica GT-S in which I designed the wide body kit and my friends shop in FL hand built my creation:
6890875490_e4b2b2300d_z.jpg

6890875548_077c5bbb3f_z.jpg

6890875320_eb8385ddbd_z.jpg

7036970173_958ea474ed_z.jpg

7036970041_97b1328e9d_z.jpg

5027677253_d9cb1f81c8_z.jpg

5084644311_2fe2fa2167_z.jpg

And after enjoying this show car for a few years, I am happy to say it will soon be shipped to it's new owner to enjoy as I sold it over memorial day weekend. The money from the sale of this past show car build will be going into my next build: Project Fastback Mustang Restomod.

My current daily driver I purchased last year, 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport Coupe:
3582rki.jpg

Some photos from my road trip across the country with my dog as I moved into my new home in CA:

All packed up:
1zf7slj.jpg

The mayflower has landed!
54yqrn.jpg

Breakfast:
1hr1q0.jpg

The view from my friends place in Dallas:
of7wqc.jpg

Farmlands and energy turbines:
2cekls0.jpg

Collecting bugs along the way:
sdfe6e.jpg

Stopped by to visit my Uncle in CO:
r0rw4p.jpg

2i1i34m.jpg

Stopped by the Grand Canyon:
157epmg.jpg

And if you were wondering, yes my dog loves to go on road trips in the car. Here we are attending a local euro car meet:
5yupms.jpg

And by now you are probably wondering why I am here on a Mustang Forum. Well I am happy to say that as mentioned above I recently sold my show car. I am currently researching my next project which will be either a 68 or 69 body style Fastback Mustang Restomod build. I had too many fun memories in my Dad's mustang and have been itching at the idea of building my own to enjoy. I will soon be diving deep in research mode here on the forums as I begin to plan my build.

Here are some inspirational photos I have collected as I begin to envision what my project car will look like.

79516749641121758_YIv96Wv0_c.jpg

The best way to describe what I am envisioning so far in three words would be: Powerful, Classic, Race Inspired.

I will be sure to make a blog about my project as soon as I purchase a shell/body to begin with. Stay tuned! :)

• Sponsors (?)

I wish you luck along the way. They will diffently be some road blocks that you will need to overcome. But that is why we do this and once completed you seem to forget about most of your headaches and the late hour nights in the shop. But the rewards are far greater. Welcome aboard.