IQ3 Dash With Stock Computer

Christian Cornwell

Aug 31, 2016
Upstate NY
Im looking at putting a race pak iq3 in my 94 and was wondering if anyone has done this with the stock computer in these cars. I'm pretty sure I read that they just work through can bus but i don't think the eeciv computer have it. If anyone does, where did you mount the iq3. I'm thinking I can take the stock gauge cluster out and fit it there and fill in around it with a piece of aluminum.

• Sponsors (?)

EEC-IV does not have a can bus. Youd have to buy the standalone racepak and use the sensors it comes with through its own VNET. Florida 50 makes the bezels for the foxes they may for the sn95 . if not racepak sells a flat square piece of abs with the molded recess for the dash that you could make work im sure.

Sure does get expensive quick , quarter horse is just a piggy back for the stock stuff so i doubt thats going to help you .

Quarterhorse does not have CAN BUS available since it is just a programmable chip that allows changes to the stock computer. You would have to upgrade from the stock ecu to a standalone liek mentioned before. You might want to look at Megasquirt, Holley, or Haltech.

There are quite a few of us running these platforms. Check out the digital tuning sub-forum