• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Is everybody here using Friction Modifier??

  • Thread starter Thread starter SmockDoiley
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2004
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
S

SmockDoiley

New Member
Jun 14, 2003
1,591
2
0
San Diego, CA
Feb 21, 2004
#21
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #21
I had originally planned on using a Powertrax locker, but when I went to install everything it didnt fit. Came to find out the rear was a 7.5. The cool thing about the Powertrax locker is that it uses your stock carrier, so you dont even have to pull it out. Just rip out the guts(clutches, Spring), and throw in the locker. Its that easy, but when I found out I had to swap rears, I knew I'd need a new carrier and gears and everything so I returned the locker and bought the Auburn. I figured at this point I was over my head since I was short on time, and Id have to get a rearend and COMPLETELY rebuilt everything. I just let Pro Gear do the headache work for me and Im happy for that.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

My stinky friction modifier story
  • nicholase
  • Jan 4, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
953
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 6, 2025
BlakeusMaximus
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
284
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
361
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
3
Eight inches is enough for me...
  • 351MooseStang
  • Nov 27, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
5
Views
688
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Mar 2, 2026
Bullitt347
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
297
Other Auto Tech Sunday at 6:09 PM
JD1964
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?