Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body: 65B 2 Door Hardtop, Luxury Interior
Color: X Presidential Blue Metallic
Trim: 6U Parchment Crinkle and Kiwi Vinyl with Black, Luxury Interior
Date: 27D April 27, 1968
D.S.O: 25 Richmond
Axle: 0 code not found
Trans: W C4 Automatic

Really rough shape, will need a full multi-year restoration - I can pick it up for probably 700-750! Almost all of the interior in there but rough and the body is rough and missing the headlight housings, grill bumper, etc. Has original motor and trans (numbers match). Any thought?

• Sponsors (?)

Not rare but probly worth grabbing. What needs to be considered though is the condition of the metal and your ability to do the metalwork vs having it done. Has it been sitting outside, in a field, barn? My suggestion would be to find someone there local that knows what to look for as far as rust goes and give you some pointers or look at it with you. It may not be worth the restoration. As far as all the other parts they are all available from numerous vendors. Find the local Mustang club and talk with them.

Warranty Number: 8F01C114517

Year: 8 1968
Plant: F Dearborn, MI
Body Series: 01 2 Door Hardtop
Engine: C 289 2v V8
Unit: 114517 114517

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body: 65B 2 Door Hardtop, Luxury Interior
Color: X Presidential Blue Metallic
Trim: 6U Parchment Crinkle and Kiwi Vinyl with Black, Luxury Interior
Date: 27D April 27, 1968
D.S.O: 25 Richmond
Axle: 0 code not found
Trans: W C4 Automatic

Really rough shape, will need a full multi-year restoration - I can pick it up for probably 700-750! Almost all of the interior in there but rough and the body is rough and missing the headlight housings, grill bumper, etc. Has original motor and trans (numbers match). Any thought?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Not rare but probly worth grabbing. What needs to be considered though is the condition of the metal and your ability to do the metalwork vs having it done. Has it been sitting outside, in a field, barn? My suggestion would be to find someone there local that knows what to look for as far as rust goes and give you some pointers or look at it with you. It may not be worth the restoration. As far as all the other parts they are all available from numerous vendors. Find the local Mustang club and talk with them.
I think it's a rather rare color combo. I'd buy it.[/QU

Photos Uploaded!

All -

Thank you for your assistance! I have uploaded some photos - Now that you can see it, is it still worth the grab as a future project? The additional parts inside go with the car - appears to be an extra steering wheel, some front disk brake assemblies (I do not believe that they are for a Mustang - Not Sure).

Thoughts???

All Mustangs are worth saving. You are going to drop some bucks into this baby though. She needs some serious help. How are the floors? Myself, this is not the style or options I would want to spend money on restoring. Although if I were to do this project I would resto-mod it to bring it up to date on the brakes, motor, suspension, etc. I think about what it would be worth in the future to a potential future buyer. What would that buyer want to see in the car? Disc brakes for sure. 4 bbl. nice cam and headers. I might consider turning it into a Trans Am version since they raced the coupes.

As much as I like coupes, that one is rough. I like the fact that it was a vinyl top and a nice color combo originaly and its cheap! The front radiator support and front aprons are missing already. With the usual door corners and fender corners rusty I assume it needs cowl, floor, and torque boxes. If you can do the metal work yourself, Yes. If you have to pay for it to be done then the purchase price plus the cost of the repairs would get you a nicer starting car that could already be a driver, and you would be money ahead.
Of course I want to save them all too. Fun to see the pictures though thanks for posting em.
Hows the one behind it?

That's similar to what I started with, except mine doesn't have the Luxo interior and someone painted it after the fact.

In the same vein as what 2Blue2 said, I picked mine partly because restomodding it wasn't going to affect the value even though it was in vastly better shape to start with. The original 289 was trash anyway.

Reactions: 1 user