Is this a good price? (NEED HELP!) 06 GT Convertible

I'm a newbie to the forums and am here for some advice from you Mustang veterans :)

I've been shopping and shopping and haggling away and I have a GT that I am looking at and am really interested in.

I'm looking at an '06 Convertible GT Mustang with 16,742 miles on it. The starting price was $26,995. My husband and I have whittled the price down to $22,250 + Tax & Lic.
They said this is as low as they can go. Is this a good price? We were thinking of offering $22,000 + tax & lic., but is this even feasible, or do you think we've gotten them as low as they'll go?
Any thoughts/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
I am going to put a link to the AutoTrader ad below so you can see what I'm looking at. I test drove the car, everything is great in it. It has minor wear and tear on the driver's side seat- nothing major though. The only thing I don't like about it which they said can be removed is the person who had it before put a chrome-looking thing with flames covering the gas tank and chrome-looking things on the door handles. They're just glued on.

The ad:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=24

I found one other Mustang that I really like and is in perfect condition, but it has 20" rims on it. My dad, who used to be in the car business, said it may be good to stay away from this car because the larger tires/rims may have jacked up something - I forget what he said exactly...the suspension maybe? Any thoughts on this?
So far we've gotten the price on this car down to $22,885. The thing with this car is it would come with an extended warranty because it's from a Ford dealer.
Here's the link to that car:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=21

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it!!!!
:D

• Sponsors (?)

You can always offer $22,000. The worst thing they can say is no.
But I can't believe either you or the dealer would not trade for $250.
The price sounds reasonable compared to what I have seen dealers asking.
You can buy and extended warranty for either of the cars from a Ford dealer. That should not be an issue. Shouldn't the 2006 be still under warranty?

You can always offer $22,000. The worst thing they can say is no.
But I can't believe either you or the dealer would not trade for $250.
The price sounds reasonable compared to what I have seen dealers asking.
You can buy and extended warranty for either of the cars from a Ford dealer. That should not be an issue. Shouldn't the 2006 be still under warranty?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it :) When you're saying the price sounds reasonable, does it sound more on the average side in comparison to other dealers, or does it sound like I'm getting a good deal?
I'm pretty sure the car is still under warranty, but when I talked to the Ford dealer about the Mustang at the Ford dealership (the more expensive of the two), he said that because it's a Certified used vehicle it has an extended warranty.

The first car sounds like a better deal to me. less miles and no 20" wheels (They can increase wear and tear on suspension and drive train). However in the pictures the first car is dirty and it is hard to tell how the paint is on it. also it has those gaudy flames (make sure they come off w/o damage to underneath).

If you buy it I would ask the dealer to take them off first and inspect underneath the flame/chrome before signing for the car.

The first car sounds like a better deal to me. less miles and no 20" wheels (They can increase wear and tear on suspension and drive train). However in the pictures the first car is dirty and it is hard to tell how the paint is on it. also it has those gaudy flames (make sure they come off w/o damage to underneath).

If you buy it I would ask the dealer to take them off first and inspect underneath the flame/chrome before signing for the car.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am definitely going to ask them to take those gross chrome additions all over the car off (door handles, gas tank, and flames) and I definitely want them to take them off before I buy it so I can make sure there's no damage. I saw the car in person and the paint looks great overall. I made an offer today, so we'll see what happens! If they accept, I may be the owner of a Mustang GT Convertible TONIGHT!!! woohoo!!!!

I just bought an 06' GT vert 'premium' myself for 21,400. It even has a repair dun to the roof, but I'm Canadian, so this is still a smokin deal as an 05' vert up here in Vancouver with more miles will go for 28,500+. I can't believe you're dickering around over 250 bones?! Looks like an awesome car meng and black as well. Again, I had to make concessions because of this great price - I'm a blue, black or silver guy, and this car is RED. GL with the buy. my .02

I GOT MY MUSTANG!!! :)

Hi Friends,
Thanks for all of your help, just wanted to let you know I did go with the Black '06 Mustang Convertible GT with around 16k miles on it. I got it for 22k plus tax & license.
I am so excited...drove to work with the top down this morning and it was FABULOUS!!!
Just wanted to thank you for your help and advice and let you know I got one :)
Thanks,
Carly