• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Is this a header leak or just the way they sound?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fastang96
  • Start date Start date Feb 13, 2004
F

fastang96

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2000
91
0
0
Gate City VA
Feb 13, 2004
#1
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #1
I installed the Mac LT's about a month ago. When I first installed them I know it had a leak. So I went and retightened everything. It sounded like a whistling sound when the engine running. I then went and installed the stage 8 locking bolts. The whistling sound went away but now I have a fluttering sound. I know that the bolts are all tight and that they are not backing out (since they lock) but I am still having the fluttering sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the headers 4 times along with the mid pipe . However, no matter what I do, I still get the fluter sound. Is this just the sound that the LT's make since they are flowing more air than stock. It does not make any unordinary sounds except when the engine is under load. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is it normal or what?
 

1fast03pony

Member
Jul 1, 2003
749
0
17
New york
Feb 13, 2004
#2
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #2
my fathers vette with kooks headers makes air noises under load like you say
I think its just the air flowing freer than stock.
 
V

Vellines

New Member
Dec 28, 2003
20
0
0
South Riding, Virginia
Feb 13, 2004
#3
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #3
Get a buddy to ride with you and try and determine if the flutter is coming from one side or the other while under load or whether it is the same for both. I have heard that some LTs just sound that way and if it's both them you might have them.

Bob
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Feb 13, 2004
#4
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #4
When my header leakd on MR2, it sounded like a ticking sound.
My BBK O?R x is leaking, and it sound more like strong terturbulence...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
390
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
J
Engine Coolant leak from oil filter
  • jr273
  • Mar 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
332
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 31, 2026
squeak93
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
437
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
88
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
514
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?