is this a shelby and would it be worth the time and money??

• Sponsors (?)

cheapsk8 can find out if its a real Shelby or not I think, you might PM or Email him.

It's at $10k now, I don't think it'd be worth it myself as you've still got to get probably $25k-$30 worth of parts plus all the labor. They're going for around $65k-$70k restored. Maybe if you were going to keep it, but the older these cars get, the harder it is to find original parts for them.

not worth it.There was a guy in our club that bought one that burned to the ground and had more parts then that one,he did end up putting about $165K into it(couldnt turn a wrench himself).Unless you have years to finish it,plan to finish it, and have a huge wallet, forget it.You will need every nut,bolt,washer,grommet,spring, etc.

No way is that car, or what's left of it worth that. The '69-'70 Shelby's are worth the least of any Shelbys, and the GT350's are the least valuable of the '69-'70 Shelbys. Every single part (and there are a lot of them) that made that body shell a Shelby Mustang is gone, and it would take years to find them, and even then the car would never be worth what a solid original GT350 would be worth. The person offering $10,000 for it is obviously suffering from the "gotta have it" syndrome. I'd be willing to bet that car never sees the road again, it's simply not worth it and never will be...

Yep it's definitely a Shelby. No engine, no fiberglass, no way!! I think the person buying it must have alot of shelby parts or a shelby that is too far gone to be restored and is wanting a good shell to transplant the parts to. Sure they make reproduction fiberglass and many other parts, but you'll dump $10k+ in the motor alone. Pretty solid car though but again Ebay triples the price of what it is worth.

Upwards of 15 now. Thats it, between that and some 68 shell I saw go for big bucks Im gonna start my asking price for my 68 convertable thats rock solid and is all there, with tons of go fast parts and a Shelby drop for around 25K. Why not? You can clone a 68 into a 67 Convertable or a 68 Convertable for about 30 grand and there you got a driver for 50 k., not a buck 20 or $558,000 like that Eleanor 67 vert sold at Barret Jackson