Kimbo vs Shamrock???

:drool: Reason enough to watch.

82213_ieajquovij_vlarge.jpg


3631_eydbkczytd_vlarge.jpg
 
True, but Kimbo is no where near considered an accomplished MMA fighter. IMO, he doesn't deserve to even be in the same ring with the newest class of MMA fighters, never mind worthy of fighting a pioneer of the sport like Shamrock. I mean really.....who has he fought to deserve this opportunity? A couple of bums in some back yard or high-school gym fight? His biggest accomplishment to date was beating Tank Abbot (who IMO was another bruiser that had no real skill to speak of to begin with)!

Kimbo Slice is a brawler with an iron jaw at best. I think if Shamrock can keep his head (which no that I think of it, he probably won't) and start using some real jujitsu on him instead of trying to go toe to toe with him like he did with Ortiz, Shamrock will probably beat him fairly easily.

They continue to match this clown to washed up, or lesser one dimensional fighters just to hype his career and it drives me nuts. Why not match him up with some accomplished lower rung guys with multi discipline background first before giving him a shot a the big money? Because you know that’s all this is about! This guy belongs in one of those bash your brains in “Tough Guy” competitions with the likes of Eric “Butterbean” Esch and Mr T, not in a disciplined sport like MMA!
 
Well if you notice though, Kimbo is great at drawing in the public....thus why he is the only fighter to keep appearing on national TV networks and not just cable fights or PPV. They're using him to advance the sport because he is a bit of a "mascot" almost.

I agree though, he's demonstrated no skill as a MMA fighter and I'd love to see him fight someone truly on their game. Ken Shamrock is a bit past his prime, but what's more genius than matching two such well known names (good or bad) on a primetime fight!

I want to see it because I think it might be an interesting fight. Hope Shamrock kicks his arse.

I'd love to see Rashaad Evans or even Anderson Silva go up against Kimbo. :D
 
I think anyone who knows anything about the sport knows that Kimbo doesn't belong in the MMA world. He made a name for himself on the net and is now somewhat of a legend because of it. The people that run the promotion he fights for see that and want to use it to make their promotion grow. I don't blame them for that. He's their main draw so I think they continue to feed him either washed up or no named fighters to keep him winning and drawing. We all know he can't do anything but brawl. He does have very accurate strikes and can take a punch, but feed him to a true MMA fighter and he doesn't stand a chance. As long as he's good for the sport and draws in more people to make it as main stream as possible then great, but when he stats to give the sport a bad name is when he needs to be axed!
 
Still no interest in Gina and her fighting abilities huh?

Pleeeease.....if you have the time, who cares about Kimbo....watch Gina fight! She's awesome.

And did I mention she's hot too :drool: