• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

King Cobra Clutch Kit

  • Thread starter Thread starter upstech
  • Start date Start date Jan 21, 2004
U

upstech

New Member
Jan 20, 2004
16
0
0
Jan 21, 2004
#1
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #1
What do you guys thing of the KIng Cobra Clutch kit for a 2002 gt?
 
D

D.K

Founding Member
Jun 17, 2002
1,011
0
36
MD
Jan 21, 2004
#2
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #2
I have one, and I like it a lot.
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Jan 21, 2004
#3
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #3
I don't think much about it, that's why I ordered a SPEC 2. I don't necessarily think King Cobra's bad I just didn't prefer it when I made my choice.
 
U

upstech

New Member
Jan 20, 2004
16
0
0
Jan 21, 2004
#4
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #4
Where did you get your sand how much did you pay for it?
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Jan 21, 2004
#5
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #5
Sand?
 
U

upstech

New Member
Jan 20, 2004
16
0
0
Jan 21, 2004
#6
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #6
"your sand"

=your and

Just a typo
 

Trick98GT

New Member
Jan 9, 2003
246
0
0
Pensacola, FL
Jan 21, 2004
#7
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #7
I liked mine for about 3 months until the release bearing failed...I had the bearing replaced and it's lasted about 4 months but chirps like hades.
 

john_324

New Member
Jan 14, 2003
446
1
0
Washington, D.C.
Jan 21, 2004
#8
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #8
Since D.K. has one on his 2002, they clearly fit...why then does the Ford Racing catalog (2004) say that they won't fit the 2002? Odd.
 
Y

Y2K_MustangVert

Member
Sep 19, 2003
185
0
16
Jan 21, 2004
#9
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #9
I had the Ford dealership that I work for put one in when the throw out bearing went bad on the stock piece. I like it alot, but because it is a "performance" clutch it might not last too long. It holds well, and is alittle lighter on the pedal. Next time I am definately going with the SPEC 2.
 

Wil

New Member
Jan 2, 2003
581
0
0
Burke, VA
Jan 21, 2004
#10
  • Jan 21, 2004
  • #10
I like mine, IMO it requires more preasure to engage the clutch.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Drivetrain Using a 98 Cobra T45 in a 03 GT Auto
  • dylan9075
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
122
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
dylan9075
D
T
Drivetrain Take a look at this clutch pedal
  • TNmach1
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
118
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 18, 2026
TNmach1
T
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
484
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
181
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
206
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?