King Cobra Movie Sighting

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
I just saw the new Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie today and it was a decent flick if you're into that sort of movie. I was pleasantly surprised to see the opening minute or two focusing on a country road set in 1980, and there was a baby blue t-top King Cobra winding down said road (Kurt Russell at the helm). I dont think it was an original color but looked good nonetheless.

Reactions: 74stang2togo
  • Sponsors(?)

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Just went to the movie this afternoon and seen the King. It was a sharp car! My personal opinion on it's appearance is that it's a bit of an homage to the movie Starman. "Ego" is a "man from the stars" and the orange and black Cobra wasn't an original color option just as I also don't think that this shade of blue was an original option. Damned sharp car none-the-less.....

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
Just went to the movie this afternoon and seen the King. It was a sharp car! My personal opinion on it's appearance is that it's a bit of an homage to the movie Starman. "Ego" is a "man from the stars" and the orange and black Cobra wasn't an original color option just as I also don't think that this shade of blue was an original option. Damned sharp car none-the-less.....
Ah, interesting theory for sure! :nice:

It occurred to me after the fact that perhaps the car is just Grabber Blue. Also, perhaps the blue on the car could be the same as the blue-skinned Kree aliens, though I don't know what the correlation there would be.