Latest turbo falcon

• Sponsors (?)

Yeh some of our cars rock. You guys get vettes and vipers though, so you're pretty lucky.

Hopefully the Aussie supercar I posted in another thread gets off the ground and into production, that'd be another sweet car I'd be proud of.

I still dream of moving to Aus one day. Started in England, ended up here though, so who knows where ill go next! Great that you get good cars, hows the petrol prices??

SandSprite said:
Sweet--I wish we had your cars here. Your Fords have so much more character than most of ours.

That's because we're stupid. We'd rather have SUV's and 4-bangers that get good gas mileage over cars with power. Can't blame Ford U.S. too much for making what sells. :shrug:

You guys get vettes and vipers though, so you're pretty lucky.
Having the opportunity to buy one, and actually being able to afford one are two totally different things unfortunately. Besides, I like bigger cars that go fast. I hate to say that after owning all Mustangs, the idea of riding in a small speed capsule is kinda getting old(keyword: kinda).

. I wish Pontiac success with the GTO, so Ford would think about exporting the Falcons to the US.

Only problem is that if the GTO is a success in the mid-$30k range, how much do you think the Falcon would be?

Yeh GOOD falcons, the XR6, XR6-T, Typhoon, XR8, and GT would be up there in the price range. The GT is around 60k AUD to start with, XR6 starts from 45 I think. Then you got your importing costs and taxes, and the costs for swapsies of the steering wheel, design standards, and it'd probably cost 60k USD by the time it gets there. By comparison, we (well Ford Australia) imported 01 Cobras, upgraded lighting, etc, switched to RHD, and they ended up cost 90k AUD.

Also, you've got your emmisions to think about.

I agree about the big fast cars too. I never knew Mustangs were so small, they look like big cars in photos, and every time I see one I'm a little surprised by just how big it ain't. The size makes the visual features of the car so much better though. You might be thinking the Falcon looks a little bubbly, but if you see how big it is, a real full-size car, you stop thinking that so much.

I would be thinking the XR8 5.4 DOHC be like $50,000USD. A higher end model than the Lincoln LS to kind of compete with the 5-series.

hmm..maybe it has to be under $40,000 to compete with the car like Chrysler 300.

Sorry OT:
I always thought the cost of some imported cars in AU are very expensive, like $100,000 for a BMW 330ci or $150,000 for a M3. Which is the same in USD because you have the same income numbers as the US people. To me that's the only drawback. Everything else is wonderful.

Anyway,
Bring the Falcon here!!! Completion is good.