Less drone, GTA's or Stingers?

candc

Dec 20, 2006
From FRPP, what are the major differences in these mufflers. I've listened to the sounds on youtube for what that's worth but I'd like some real opinions. If there are better mufflers out there please suggest. I am bone stock automatic 2007 GT. I had Flows on a previous 07 5 speed and they droned loudly at around 1900-2000. I'm looking of course to minimize this now.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I am not 100% sure exactly what "drone" is, but I have catback stingers, aggresive. And they are fairly quiet. At 60 mph they are a little loud in the car, not to bad. They for the most part pretty smooth sounding, although they do get lots of back pressure when let off the gas, very rumbly and I am not 100% a fan of that... almost sounds like its gurgling water, and air occasionally escapes.

Anything to get lets rumble out of the back pressure of the exhaust?

+1^^^ Make sure you know what your going for when you purchase them. I really like the stingers cuz they're a good bit louder than stock, have a great sound to them, and have minimal drone at interstate speeds. But now with the longtubes they are just ridiculous, but I really enjoy listening to them though. If you dont like exhaust drone, even a little, then you may want the GTA's