Lets talk safety

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
Let's talk safety equipment for a bit...

How fast are you and what is your equipment situation? What do think you need? Do you even think about the safety side?

Car has been low 9s coasting and low 5s to the 1/8 and my safety equipment is:
Sparco -5 pants
Sparco -5 jacket
Sparco -5 gloves
Sparco -5 shoes
G force carbon fiber rift SA2020 helmet
Hans device
Custom 10pt moly cage
Simpson skyjacker chute

Few things I'm adding
5lb halon fire system
Sparco head sock

Yes this is just to make you think about the safety side of this dangerous ass sport we do....

Let's hear it...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You should also consider what your shirt material is under your jacket, would recommend 100% cotton. Also, socks your drawers should be 100% cotton. You have to think if you were to burn you do not what any kind of material that has nylon, raylon, spandex etc. as that will melt to your skin which is bad.

I have been in florida for 12 years, don't think I own any shoes anymore........
Black widow, brown recluse, all the rest of those crazy insects you have in Florida…….. reason enough to wear some damn sneakers!! (That’s how this New Yorker thinks). Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
derailed.gif

:leaving:

• Agree
Let's talk safety equipment for a bit...

How fast are you and what is your equipment situation? What do think you need? Do you even think about the safety side?

Car has been low 9s coasting and low 5s to the 1/8 and my safety equipment is:
Sparco -5 pants
Sparco -5 jacket
Sparco -5 gloves
Sparco -5 shoes
G force carbon fiber rift SA2020 helmet
Hans device
Custom 10pt moly cage
Simpson skyjacker chute

Few things I'm adding
5lb halon fire system
Sparco head sock

Yes this is just to make you think about the safety side of this dangerous ass sport we do....

Let's hear it...
I am getting older so some how naturally yes I am , I am torn between not wanting to ruin the car and having what I need in the event of an issue .

Right now in between a bar or a 10 pt and can make up my mind . I just have the basic fire jacket for a power adder car and neck collar .

I am getting older so some how naturally yes I am , I am torn between not wanting to ruin the car and having what I need in the event of an issue .

Right now in between a bar or a 10 pt and can make up my mind . I just have the basic fire jacket for a power adder car and neck collar .
Yea your car is so nice id have to make sure who ever did the cage could tuck it tight to everything and still be able to put everything back in. But also on the flip side it's mostly street driven and a cage on the street is super dangerous also. This is one of the reasons I'm building another car.

Yea your car is so nice id have to make sure who ever did the cage could tuck it tight to everything and still be able to put everything back in. But also on the flip side it's mostly street driven and a cage on the street is super dangerous also. This is one of the reasons I'm building another car.
While me personally i have absolutely no interest in a cage, i've always wondered if the theory was that if you have an accident with a cage and no helmet you are likely to smack your head on the bar.

And i think driving a manual trans foxbody with flip flops is idiotic.
Yes, i did it as a kid, so i know it's stupid, they can easily get caught under the pedals.
It's a car meant for a pipsqueak by modern standards, the pedal area is really tight, it's even worse if the clutch is heavy.
There is nowhere i take this car that requires flip flops, so i just wear sneakers and if there was, there is plenty of room in the car to bring a set.

While me personally i have absolutely no interest in a cage, i've always wondered if the theory was that if you have an accident with a cage and no helmet you are likely to smack your head on the bar.

And i think driving a manual trans foxbody with flip flops is idiotic.
Yes, i did it as a kid, so i know it's stupid, they can easily get caught under the pedals.
It's a car meant for a pipsqueak by modern standards, the pedal area is really tight, it's even worse if the clutch is heavy.
There is nowhere i take this car that requires flip flops, so i just wear sneakers and if there was, there is plenty of room in the car to bring a set.
I knew I was going to have to buy a pair of those new " slip in " types where the Heel pushes down.... Way too old to bend ALL the way down to tie or get my heel in shoes anymore..... LOL