Local 03 Cobra owners with pop/tink clicking in rear axle.

jordanvraptor

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Thomason Ford in Gladstone replaced my halfshafts today for that click pop tink noise. :D Ask for the tech named Lyle to go for a test drive with you so he can hear it. The down side of it is they scratched my car again. :bang: Going in for a touch up Monday.... Another rental, when will it all end? :shrug: This time I was driving a Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI engine. Sucker has some kick to it but its like driving a fire truck. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Did you go through the re-torque procedure before they replaced the half-shafts?

I will be taking mine in probably next week. I’ll bet they’ll want to do this first.

I don't think they did the lube and retorque procedure. Last time I called SVT, they said that is all they are doing for the pop tink noise. BUT, the dealer replaced my halfshafts for that noise one year ago so I think they figured if that is what fixed it last time, then that is how to fix it this time. :D :shrug:

In any case I wasn't about to tell them... :rlaugh: Oh, they also replaced my clutch release bearing or something like that because of the chirping noise. It might be the throw out bearing but it was called something different on the work order, I just can't remember right now.

The reason I mention Gladstone Thomason is cause if they don't know what SVT wants the dealers to do, maybe you and others can get new halfshafts... :flag:

Jordan, did they look for signs of modifications? Did they try to give you BS?

Who helped you with your pulley removal? I thought for sure my car was going to be sold so I got rid of my puller. Now I'm gonna need to borrow somebody's to get mine into stock form.

And thanks for the tip about Thomason!

Oh they gave me lots of crap. They said the noise might be the aftermarket shocks I had on, so I had to take them off and put the Bilsteins back on. I also put the stock exhaust back on as well. When they called the SVT hotline the first thing SVT asked was "is it modified?" The tech told me this but he did not look for signs of a pulley or a chip that I know of. Once they ran out of excuses they did replace the halfshafts though.

Just today though I'm hearing some kind of a squeal sound. Sounds like a belt but I can't be sure so I'll add it to the list when I take it back in on Monday.

Looks like Terminatrix is staying stock for a while longer. My pulley puller is down temporarily cause I broke the little stud that threads into the snout. Aflter I get some more you are welcome to borrow it.