Local Mustang Website Gives Back In A Big Way

From Stang Nation .com :nice:

Tacoma, WA | January 11th, 2009 - Operation Christmas Spirit was an enormous success, delivering close to $1000.oo in gifts and food to a great stanger many of you might already know. On Christmas day, while many of us were unwrapping our gifts and reveling in the spirit, our staff became aware that Unbridled Fury (George), a wonderful Mustang II owner had fallen on hard times. The least of which being the economic woes many people are facing recently, as George had just lost his truck to a wreckless driver, luckily for all of us it wasn't his life. He's recovering well now with the support of his friends and family but everything seemed to just be mounting up, so his family of 5 wouldn't have so much as a Christmas tree! As the word circulated amongst our veterans and staff, the concensus whas that this just wouldn't do.

George has been in the Mustang community around these parts covering countless events and sharing in the spirit since as far back as many of us can recall. So it wasn't long after the Operation was launched that we'd surpassed several hundreds of dollars in donations.

Enjoy some photos Tyler snapped of the day. Stangers from all around the state rallied to Griot's Garage and paraded over to George's place around noon. We packed the streets with Stangs and his driveway with gifts for the whole family. George was stunned and overwhelmed with appreciation for our spirit of giving. Whether you sent money, items or your good wishes, you all helped make this Operation a success. 2 weeks in the planning and execution, Operation: Christmas Spirit was a 'Cruise for a Cause' we won't forget.

Pictures of todays event can be found on Stang Nation .com

• Sponsors (?)

We totally Stang mobbed his street. We had Stangs streaming in from all points on the compass!

276110109840034nt6.jpg

18 Stangs and 3 Ford 4x4's

He's got some nice neighbors who own imports.. Spotted a Bimmer and a Scoobie in their driveway and they were gawking.

A neighbor lady came over with her son to snap some pics, and people drove by muttering: "Must be some kind of Mustang Meet..."

Thanks to all of you stangers, Operation Christmas Spirit was wonderful success. Even though it's a small slice of the country we live in, I like to think there are more folks around the country sharing the spirit this holiday season.

Communities should take care of their own. :flag:

p.s. George rides a Mustang II - for all the haters out there. Eat your heart out. :p

Attachments

• 276110109840034nt6.jpg
    276110109840034nt6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 71
It's great to see a local mustang community be so giving and take care of their own. I'm glad I got to be part of it.

I'm proud to be part of ***********.com and the great people there. :flag:

Oh, sorry! I forgot. You aren't allowed to know there are any other Mustang people out there on the internet. Too bad.....