Look what we WON!

I almost forgot to tell you guys my wife won us a trip to the Yukon! We leave tomorrow morning for five days that will include:

-airfare

-a Northern Lights viewing

-an SUV for the trip

-two nights at the Westmark in Whitehorse

-two nights in a two bedroom vacation house at the 4.5 star Inn on Marsh Lake

-and the best part is A DOGSLEDDING TRIP!

Here's the link to what we won - YUKON

I'll post some pictures when I get back next week!

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, it's a trip for four so we asked my folks to figure out which out which one of them would like to come. They did me one better by buying an extra ticket so all five of us can go. They have offered to watch our son one of the nights so we can go out and have dinner by ourselves. Haven't been able to do that for a while!

Dogsledding is awesome! When we first took off I let my foot off the brake as we crossed an intersecting trail and caught air, as we were going so fast! My wife thought we were going to bail (so did I), but I managed to lean it while in the air so we landed on the inboard runner of the curve we were on.

We did wind up rolling the sled over off the side of the trail into waist deep snow. My wife and son were safely tucked inside while I wrestled with the sled a little and gave the dogs commands. They are so strong they pulled the sled right out of the hole and it was all to do to get myself out and jump on the runnners while they were dragging me!

View attachment 394926

The scenery is unbelievable!

View attachment 394928

View attachment 394930

Hope you enjoy the photos!