Looking for injector upgrade over the paxton novi 1000 injectors

DeltaDetrix

Nov 16, 2022
Indiana
I bought a 2002 GT with a paxton novi 1000 on it and im pretty sure based off my googling its got the: Lucas USA - Marine, 38#hr - 400cc/min, 12 ohms injectors based off the EV1 look and the part number on them “D1163BA.” but i want to see if anyone knows a decent upgrade to ev6 or ev14 that wouldn’t require a retune. What i want is the better MPG and atomization that comes with the more modern injectors over the less efficient single pintle style. I can post pictures of them if needed

So what you're saying is that you currently have injectors in your car that were designed for boats??????

You can start by buying injectors designed for cars

So what you're saying is that you currently have injectors in your car that were designed for boats??????

You can start by buying injectors designed for cars
exactly my point lol, i heard these are what paxton supplied with their kits but the can’t verify that, the car already had them on it when i bought it. im hoping someone here knows a good replacement CAR injector preferably a 4 hole pintle i cant find a match anywhere

Last edited:
Not exactly. If you're running an upgraded MAF, the readings from the MAF will allow the ECU to automatically calculate the proper AF ratio. I once swapped from 42lb to 60lb injectors with absolutely to changes to the tune and did not experience a single problem